March 19, 2024, 05:56:20 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Ruff Driving @ Perris  (Read 8012 times)
YLD at Heart
Rookie

« on: March 30, 2009, 12:32:15 PM »

I went to Perris last Saturday Night to watch a friend run his Focus Midget. Whats the deal with the Green and White #91 Slamming into cars on the yellow laps when cars are lineing up for restart?  Intimidation? Jealously? I also noticed he was doing it between turns 3 & 4. Has anyone explained to these lads that they are Racing open wheel race cars not Hobby Stocks? It wont be long before he or someone he's intentionally giving the boot to flips out and tears up his/thier car and or gets hurt. There is no substitute for common sense....no matter what level you are racing at.
It's my understanding this is supposed to be a driver developement class. I am extremely surprised that the USAC officials have allowed this to continue. It will be interesting to see how this will be handled in the near future.

Sincerely, A.J. ,  Long Time Sponsor and retired racer.

roa91
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 10:19:52 PM »

A.J., you must have the wrong car if what you are saying is true.  During green flag racing, I did not touch one other race car, except for Cody Swanson, accidentally (sorry about that Cody).  I will admit that during a caution, I was driving alongside a fellow driver because I thought I had the position.  This other driver decided to take matters into his own hands and turn down on me in turns 3 & 4, forcing me into the inside K-rail. So to let him know that I didn't appreciate it, I gave him a tap going into one (all of this happening under yellow flag conditions). 
And might I add, I grew up around open wheel dirt racing and have seen many people get hurt and have learned that if I have to touch another car to pass them, it's not a good time to pass.
I also realize we are racing open wheel cars and it is dangerous. I do not want to tear up my car or equipment or anyone else's. In the pits and on the track I try to gain the respect and friendship of all of my fellow drivers. So if you thought that I was driving carelessly, I'm sorry you saw it that way.
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 01:27:51 AM »

I wouldn't give it a second thought, Brody.

If that guy thinks he saw it so well, he can get out of the grandstand and sign up to be a USAC official.
YLD at Heart
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 11:38:36 AM »

Brody, my comment wasnt meant to be a personal attack on you. Im sorry if it was taken that way. I wasnt in the main grandstands as per 6157, I was in the pits on top of a hauler. My reason for being at the races is that we are looking for 2 young racers to bring onto our team. I am not even from California. I wish you all the best.

Sincerely, A.J.
Swanson Motorsports
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 12:39:23 AM »

AJ,
I would love the opporitunity to talk to you about your open driver seats. you can email me at swansonmotorsports@sbcglobal.net that way I can give you my personal contact information.

As for Brody #91, I have raced with him for a number of years in karts and now focus midgets, and he has always been a clean racer to me, and when he does make a mistake, he is quick to apologize.
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: