USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:28:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: GX120 TierIII Question  (Read 6694 times)
odogracing
Veteran

« on: March 23, 2009, 08:52:10 PM »

I have a question maybe someone can help.  I upgraded my 120 with a TierIII flywheel.  While doing it I had to loosen the magnedo and slide it over to install the new fly wheel.  After installing I set the gap clearence using a match book (old flat head trick), well after bolting the motor back in place, I now have a slight miss on throttle.  My question is, would the timing have to be reset as a result of the adjustment?  I've heard of people just bolting on and going.  I also replaced valve springs, but double and tripple check the valve lash and it's fine.  Any help?  Note, the motor was responsive before changing the flywheel. 
Thanks,
Tim

joeblow
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 10:12:20 PM »

use a filler gauge set top and bottom at about .010  thanks www.maxhp.net
odogracing
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 08:25:43 AM »

Thank you.  Would this cause my hesitation problem?

heimboyz89
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 09:59:03 AM »

Whas the motor at the old timing before (24/26 degree)? And is it a restricted motor? Most of the restricted motors I have seen with the 20 degree timing have a definate bog when you crack the throttle on the pit cart but seem to be fine on the track when they get wound up to speed.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: