USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:37:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: tampa results  (Read 21777 times)
Swartz
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 03:07:57 PM »

That is my fault for not making the entry clearer. 

The entry did state that if there were under 150 cars there would be two separate days of complete shows (including trophies each day).  I should have posted an entry fee would be required if there was 2 separate days.

I apologize for not making it clearer.  There was absolutely no intention to deceive anyone.

Will that be the case for the Genration Next races as well? If so, are both days points races? Any throwouts?
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 03:49:17 PM »

Hey James...I certainly don't think there was any intention to deceive anyone.  Going forward if you listed it as if there is two separate days of racing there will be a separate fee, that would clear it up.  My comment earlier was mainly to say I was more surprised by the $40 for Sunday than the $30 for a day of practice on Friday.

Phil, I am a bad person to ask...I am a little jaded over a horrible call on my son on Saturday, but I have a lot of respect for Kevin and Jason at USAC for both sucking it up and admitting the mistake.  I will say the calls on Sunday all seemed to be more appropriate than they were on Saturday.  The only thing I was disappointed with on Sunday was several drivers throughout the day would blow through the infield and throw a bunch of dirt on the track and they seemed very slow to throw a caution on it.  Several spins happened that didn't need to happen in my opinion. 

I have full faith USAC will build upon what was already a good start in Tampa and take this sport forward in the future!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 05:26:42 PM by sfreitas20 » Logged

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
deerbybow
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 10:41:58 AM »

woowwee, looks like headaches already? pay to practice, pay for an extra day of racing? car count minimums?  ruh ro george?  by the results posted, looks like very, very low car count for a qualifier event?  not good. the economy will be keeping most from traveling great distances this year? looks like it held true for this event?  sad to say but, not so sure the spread of all the clubs will work to USAC's or the members adavntage? just my .02
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 04:44:09 PM »

I think the qualifier in Toledo will give a better idea of what car counts will be just because its allot more convenient to most racers.

Tampa is a long haul and there aren’t very many quarter midget tracks around those parts.  Had it been closer to home, we would have had our 4 cars there as well as many other families I'm sure.

sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 04:54:56 PM »

Rome wasn't built in a day!

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
deerbybow
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 12:17:41 PM »

let's hope it doesn't take another 524 years, Rome took a very long time!! Bad analogy there SFS, USAC will get it going, just looks like I said before, all of racing will be locally better attended than nationally.  gonna be a tough year for all. just my .02
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 01:14:19 PM »

No, it was a good analogy if you know what it means.  Here is the freedictionary.com meaning in case you need it: Rome wasn't built in a day - something that you say which means that it takes a long time to do an important job

It is an important job to build a racing series that is focused on kids.  It is an important job to improve the safety of this sport.  It is an important job to take Quarter Midget racing to the next level and help get kids the exposure they need to advance in the auto racing ranks.  All these things are important and I have full confidence that USAC will move forward on all fronts. 

The Tampa race was the first large scale USAC .25 Midget series event and it was a good start.  The future will be good for the USAC .25 Midget series and the drivers participating in it.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: