March 19, 2024, 06:25:08 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Why arnt honda motors used in USAC?  (Read 7375 times)
Racer66
Rookie

« on: March 17, 2009, 08:55:19 PM »

Im a huge import honda guy. Why arnt honda motors used in USAC? There some of the easiest 4 cylinder motors to build and get power that would be perfect for the midgets? As long as they use the non vtec motor it should be fine. B18B or B18A would be a great one. There 1.8L 1800cc motor. Non vtec. Or there B20 motor. 2.0L 2,000cc. Non vtec. I dont understand why no one uses these motors. Let me no what yall think about it.
purepower
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 05:15:24 PM »

We are currently working on some configurations for USAC competition.  Ours should be on the track by May.

Should be very economical as well!
Swanson Motorsports
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 07:13:49 PM »

Walker Racing ran his #05 Stealth S2000 2.0 Honda built by Bruce Crower for a couple years with great success.  Greg Bragg was his driver taking it to 2 wins, numerous top fives, and some strong runs at a couple of the Chili Bowls.  Jake Swanson will be stepping into the driver seat starting at Hanford on 5/16/09, that is the 1st race after he turns 16.  To keep reliability high and cost low, Mike and Bruce kept the majority of everything stock. The VTec was disabled, and Bruce worked his magic on the cams and valve springs. The pistons were upgraded to JE pistons.  That was it!  It could use a little more help from USAC on the CID. Maximum 122 CID (2000 cc) compared to the two valves per cylinder Maximum of 174 CID (2852cc).  That is giving up a lot!  But Greg Bragg, Mike Walker and Bruce Crower did a great job making the most of it.  I'm looking forward to seeing Jake Swanson zip the little Red 05 Honda around the local dirt tracks here on the West Coast real soon.

Thx Chris Swanson
www.swansonmotorsports.com
Racer66
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 06:21:12 PM »

thats why i thought the b18 motors would be perfect.  non vtec and meets specs
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: