USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:22:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Junior Rookies @ Indy in July  (Read 12435 times)
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« on: March 24, 2009, 02:12:09 PM »

It sounds like we will have all 4 Junior Rookie drivers from Tampa (Hunter Durocher is moving up next week) making the trip to Indy in July.  Any ideas on how many other Junior Rookie cars might be making the trip?  We are hoping our boys will get some good experience racing other kids in Indy.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 03:08:53 PM »

Know there a several in the Buckeye Club whether they make the trip to Indy I do not know as of right now.  Goffin should be able to give you some insight on these drivers as he is the novice director.  Opps guess we are going Rookie now.

Good luck to your driver this season
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 06:27:27 PM »

We plan on making the trip and we have 1 rookie in the family.  As for others, I do not know right now but we will have room for 2 more cars when we do head down to Indy.

BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 07:24:24 AM »

I am planning to be there w/ one Jr Rookie and a Jr Honda

Tony Crandall
BQMRA Indoor Rookie Director
nashjr13
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 12:56:39 AM »

We will be there in July via Tampa/Balm track.  My son Braden hasn't stop talking about the trip. We are looking forward to the experience. Hopefully we can bring all of our Jr Rookies to the race.

Larry Nash
gass
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 07:15:45 AM »

The track is a great facility, we will be going to Toledo in order to go to the Nationals.  In the past they have not let you plug into the electricity and they will not let you stay inside overnight.  You can leave your trailers there but they ask that you leave at 6:00 pm.

This is the 100th anniversary of the track.  In the past IMS has given the kids a free track tour.   You can go into the Pagoda which houses the Media Center.

I am not sure who will be around as this is a back to back IRL race weekend, Toronto will be that weekend. 

I
gadams
Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 06:08:47 PM »

we may still be in junior rookie, it all depends on tyler, we practiced with the junior honda plate in on tues at buckeye and he said he was fine with the speed, still need to work on his line outdoors.
smoke14
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 09:10:11 PM »

Where are all the girl racers. My daughter will be at Toledo to get to Indy. BOYS!!!! Watch out, shes come on FAST. (LOL)
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 07:30:09 AM »

Bring on the girls, we don't mind beating them too!!! J/k

Yesterday I was informed my Rookie told his mom he wants to retire so he has more time to play with his friends at the track..... go figure!

Tony Crandall
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 09:10:18 AM »

I think the couches, video games, TV’s, Food and other cool things in the trailers really appeal to the little ones.  Even appeals to me at times…LOL

Its cool though, they all have a blast on and off the track, just kids having fun…

Just dont sell anything, the age has alot to do with it and in a year or so he will want to race again.

BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »

I'm not letting him out of it that easy... 5 yr olds will say anything (especially mine).

He got used to just running around raising cain over the last to years waiting to turn 5 will his big brother did all the racing. I guess if nothing else then, I've already got another car for Seth (big brother) to run either Jr Stock or Lt 160 in at some point.

Tony Crandall
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: