USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:19:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: safety  (Read 21696 times)
brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 08:15:12 AM »

grandma,

If you want to buy half of my car's seat I would not only invite you to watch the test sessions, I would let you drive the car as well...Interested?

Brad
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 08:32:13 AM »

If I could get in the seat then you would have to destroy the car to get me out!  LOL Thanks for the offer though!  Just had to rib my son for just giving us a phone call!  Dad will hear about it today as they are working big time trying to get a job done. Grin
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 09:37:57 AM »

Grandma13,  the car Scotty just got for the WF class this year is plenty large enough for us adults and we can get in and out without a crane, shoe horn or cutting the car.  I'm 5'9", 200lbs and fit in it fine with plenty of room to grow...  lol

So go ahead and submit your driver information and get your membership, we'll let you practice it in the Sr. Half class this year, Trish and I cannot wait to try it out...  ;-)

grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 04:04:52 PM »

You young folk go right ahead LOL!  I will sit in the stands and watch camera intact! Roll Eyes
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 05:13:38 PM »

Car owners.What would we do with out them.Trust me people grandma wouldn't want to see the test drive.Still getting in trouble.
PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 05:56:39 PM »

Thank God at 6'3", 220 I could never fit into my kid's quarter midgets.  That would have been ugly.

People have tried to get me into his Mini-Sprint.....no thanks.

I pay for the stuff....that is my job.  Smiley
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 09:15:16 PM »

I agree Phil.
PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 10:22:02 PM »

LLR,

Unlike other sports my son has been involved with (football, basketball, golf, etc) I have tried to avoid telling him how to drive his race car.....I have no clue, and have never been behind the wheel of one of his cars.

I drove a kart once at an indoor public track.  I thought I was doing pretty well as I was 'white knuckling' my way around the track.  Then one time I looked up as he was passing me and waving at me as he went by.  That was all I needed to know.  I am not a race car driver, never will be.....but I admire anyone that can do it.

Nothing used to irritate me more then seeing a handler yell at a driver.....I wonder if they realize how hard it is to do what these kids do.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: