March 29, 2024, 02:44:00 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Manzanita closing April 11th 2009  (Read 5450 times)
BOOOGHAR
Rookie

« on: March 12, 2009, 06:15:58 PM »

I was told that Manzanita Speedway was sold to southwest crane and rigging . Went into escrow yesterday!   Southwest is the biggest rigging company in the southwest for some sort of a yard. Manzanita staff was informed yesterday afternoon at approximately 3:00 pm.
 I am sure there are many questions. The number one being,
  "Why did the Martins not make an attemp to sell the track to someone that would keep it as a racetrack?"
  I have been asked others; 
  "Why could they not wait until the end of the season?" Also, "Why didn't they tell the racing community so as that we could entertain a prospective buyer?
 We do not know the answers, but we will be trying to  to find out. As soon as we get some more information we will be passing it on.
 This is devastating news! When a purchase like this is made, I beleive that there is an unspoken covenant that goes along with the responsibility of it's proprietorship. We will endeavor to get in touch with the Martins to get some answers. Maybe they could help clear a few of these matters up and tell their side of the issue. I only hope that the Martins in good faith did all that they could to preserve this historic landmark. We will leave that to the racing community to be the judge.

that was taken from another racing forum ...

heres what im throwing into the ring

its amazing what google and what 1 phone call can do

http://phoenix.gov/historic/faqs.html

if you want to save manzanita - the city of phoenix could step in

602-261-8699 - I spoke to a gentleman who used to go there as a kid and was dumbfounded to hear the track could be torn down

PASS THIS ALONG TO AS MANY PEOPLE YOU KNOW, GET THE WORD OUT

IT IS POSSIBLE YOU CAN SAVE THIS TRACK AND PRESERVE ITS FUTURE
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: