March 28, 2024, 11:51:13 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Cody Swanson participates in the 2009 DMS Drivers Challenge  (Read 10810 times)
USAC Developmental
« on: March 05, 2009, 01:56:44 PM »

Tuesday, March 3rd Cody Swanson participated in the 2009 DMS Drivers Challenge.   “I was honored and excited to be invited to this competition,” said Cody.   Marc DeBeaumont, owner of DMS Racing and DMS Racing Products put together the DMS Driver Challenge to showcase top young racing talent in a USAC National Midget in-front of influential industry insiders. Each driver received 45 laps at speed around the one-third mile asphalt oval of Madera Speedway. The 45 laps were broken into three 15 lap sessions followed by a coaching and debriefing session. Tim Clauson, a driver talent scout, was impressed with Cody’s performance stating, “We were not too sure how Cody would do knowing that He had never driven one of these cars before! He did very well… I am impressed!

He did everything we asked of him and drove very smooth.”  To get the chance to drive in front of and then be coached by Jerry Coons Jr. (USAC Triple Crown Champion) and Bryan Clauson from Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing was just awesome, stated Cody. “Everyone on the DMS staff was great to work with and really made me feel comfortable. These cars are AWSOME to drive!  I learned a lot from them that I know I will be able to use going forward in my racing career!”   The day ended with Cody being interviewed for the racing television program “3 WIDE LIFE”.“I want to say a big Thank You to my sponsors for supporting me in this challenge, especially Lucas Oil Products, who contributed financially towards the entry fee. Without Lucas’s support, I would not have been able to take part in this amazing event,” said Cody. “Hopefully, I will make it to the top ten shoot out to show my appreciation.” I also want thank Wally Pankratz for his tips and advice.

The DMS Drivers Challenge is taking place over 5 days during the first week of March with the top ten drivers over the week returning on March 17th for a final shoot out. The 32 drivers participating in the challenge came from all across the country as far away as Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to compete in the challenge held at Madera Speedway in Madera. California.
Cody will be back in his GOODWINE GLASS/K&N FILTERS/LUCAS OIL Products Ford Focus midget March 21st at Bakersfield speedway for the 1st race of the USAC dirt Ford Focus series. “I was able to get my best finish of the year of 2nd at Bakersfield last year trying to chase down the series champion” stated Cody. “I plan on finishing one position higher this time!”
Please visit www.swansonmotorsports.com for more information about the Swanson Motorsports team.
Brett Roa
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 04:03:27 PM »

Great job Cody!
RacerCody71
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 01:19:28 AM »

Thanks Brett, it was really cool! Everbody was great to work with.
RacerCody71
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 02:15:56 AM »

Grin Grin Grin
I made the top ten!! Man this is awesome! Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible, Lucas oil products, Goodwine glass co., K&N filters, Wally Pankratz. I'll do my best on the 17th.
Ludicrous Speed
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 07:54:58 PM »

Have they announced who made it out of the top ten?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 07:58:58 PM by Ludicrous Speed » Logged

If you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late.
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: