March 18, 2024, 10:04:31 PM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: OPEN LETTER TO USAC  (Read 9416 times)
Rookie

« on: August 07, 2008, 10:01:30 PM »

Another sad day in the history of USAC.  USAC midget week at Union County Speedway.  USAC pulled out of the speedway with no explanation to the fans.  We were told that the track was unsafe.  Weather or not it is beside the point.  I AM EXTREMELY disappointed that no one from USAC checked this track out before the event.  With the head office less than an hour and a half away, how was this not done.  According to he PA announcer Usac had not been there since 1981.  How is the facility not checked?  This race should have been canceled days or weeks ago, not at 7pm.  By no means am I saying that the track has no responsibility here, but I think as a fan we deserve that much from this association.  I am very thankful I did not join the battalion tonight as I planned.  Because of this debacle I will not attend another USAC event until they make it right with this track and fans.  The gentleman I set next to was from Maryland, the guy on the other side from North Carolina.  not to mention all the fans that spent gas to get to this show.  Ban me if you think I am speaking out of line, but I am very disappointed in this series.
rick james
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 10:23:54 PM »

I'm a local and my scanner was going crazy. They called just about every city police officer from the neighboring county and state trooper..it must of been a war over there..then we watched all the haulers go by the house...they should of checked that track out before they even scheduled the event..glad I decided not to go
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 10:34:55 PM by rick james » Logged
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 11:15:50 PM »

could not be everywhere, but i did not see any fans fighting or anything
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 12:34:08 PM »

wow unhappy fans suck!

To race is to win. To get 1st is to succeed! To succeed to to make dreams come true!
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: