USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:00:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: tire treatment at fall nationals  (Read 276273 times)
tarpondawg
Rookie

« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2009, 12:12:15 AM »

Philhei,
Maybe you started to late or moved up to fast.........You have not seen this boy drive. I don't care if he won a championship or not......the boy can put a car up front that many couldn't drive. If you spent only 5 yrs in QM and not having success now, maybe move down to some form of racing you can handle.
BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2009, 07:51:01 AM »

PhilHeil, I don't know if you have ever had any Nascar drivers to tell you that your son was so good, that if he stayed in a car, he most definitely is a Nascar potential! He has had comments from several of older men racing that said he just has it in him.  And, they like his driving skills, sure makes parents feel good when they have a child with that kind of reputation going on for them.  By, the way the family that you were talking about was seen emptying their dump tank on public property, could be posssible doing other things too. Your wrong about people not remembering who you are, because his name was brought up at a Nascar race to a driver by someone close to us.  And, they knew exactly who Bruce, Jr. was and said that they remembered watching him back at the Tangerine when he was just a little guy, and that he was one heck of a driver.  They also told this person to tell him to keep it up and one day he would get to Nascar, if he wants it bad enough.  So, maybe your just not that good, yet.  Good Luck anyway, but stop trying to bad the young guns.  He already has a pro-truck and also has someone interested in putting him in a car that they own!  Dreams Do Come True, for those that want it bad enough. 
BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2009, 08:08:42 AM »

Wayne Rice, thanks for your comment, you guys are awesome, too. We will miss families like you, hopefully we will all meet up from time to time. We had wanted to get out of Quarter Midgets, but need to sell the other 2 cars.  I guess they are trying to find away to get some of us out early.  Probably found out that QT wanted Bruce, Jr. to come back and race another year or so, and didn't like it.  I think that tire deal in North Carolina was a big setup and some people are hiding something.  Bruce, Sr. had words with Robin Drier last night.  Last, Thursday night she promised him that she was faxing him something write away on the disqualification at the Fall Nationals.  And, owed up to him that she didn't say that, and then come back with the comment that the reason she didn't was that Bruce wanted her to sign the paper that she was going to fax, and she did not want anyone to see her name on it.  Why is she he on the Region 13 Board.  Did the QMA Board of Members tell her to keep her mouth shut! Now, I really like the saying. What goes on in Vegas, Stays in Vegas.  Someone knows to much, don't you think.  You and your family take care.  By the way, Bruce, Jr.  said I remember Mr. Rice.  Those comments last night was him talking. 
Mrneg
Rookie

« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2009, 09:05:01 AM »

Kickin,

Have seen the lab tests, no names just the tests, seemed plainly evident that the cheater's tires were far different than the control samples. Cheaters all need to get on the same page, at least one of them called and admitted doing it.

Bennett,

No one is going after anyone (at a National level) because they won a Grands, we have won more than a few and have never experienced anything of the sort. Get over yourself.
D-Train
« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2009, 09:24:40 AM »

Maybe someone should ask........BURTON,,,,,,OR   STANLEY ?
PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2009, 10:27:30 AM »

This is some funny stuff!!!!!

Comparing QM driving to NASCAR!!!  Hillarious!

Good luck you guys, you'll need it!

(Honest to God, some racing people are whacked out...LOL)
BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2009, 10:30:35 AM »

Mrneg, why don't you just come out and tell everyone who you are, the Bennetts have nothing to hide.  We were not cheating, what fun is it to take a sport and turn it into a bad thing.  As far as Burton goes he was on the Judges stand right after he started racing and made a call on Wendy Bennett, and wasn't even watching the race, because I know the lady that was there talking with him through out the whole race.  She said, that they all changed their mind to suit him.  Because you just cain't disagree with someone with his name. Four out of five judges had made a call against the other kid and took his side even though he said I think we should call it on the pink car and she said she new it wasn't Wendy's fault. You know so much, then why cain't they show us the test results and a list of all the accused cheaters.  Maybe your too scared to tell people who you are.  Are you in on it, too?   And, besides get over yourself, or do you have what it takes.  I am out to prove that if we got anything it was from the track or someone put it there.  Hello, did you not read we were tested before we even it the track or are you that dumb that you cain't read.

PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2009, 10:32:53 AM »

Philhei,
Maybe you started to late or moved up to fast.........You have not seen this boy drive. I don't care if he won a championship or not......the boy can put a car up front that many couldn't drive. If you spent only 5 yrs in QM and not having success now, maybe move down to some form of racing you can handle.

Who said we didn't have success?  My son won the Senior Honda championship in 2007 at Mini-Indy, no small task I assure you.  He has won numerous races and in the past two years has never missed a feature race in both cars.  Apparently you don't know too much about us to post something so ridiculous.

All that being said, no one in the 1200 AMSA series he races now really cares about that.  My point was you need to enjoy QM racing for what it is (or at least what it should be), a fun, family experience.

We moved on from QM racing because it really didn't offer my son the opportunity to learn much more. I would argue that 5 years in QMs is plenty if your kid knows how to drive.

Finally, if you are pinning your future hopes on your kids ability to drive a QM you are setting yourself up for some serious dissapointment.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 10:36:28 AM by PhilHeil » Logged
PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2009, 10:41:03 AM »

Kids (drivers) really should not be posting out here like this.  And the ones that are should not be getting responses from adults.  It is inappropriate, much like a handler approaching another driver after a race.
BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2009, 10:43:48 AM »

D-Train, about asking Burton or Stanley.  Burton, starting racing QM way after we got started and another Nascar driver said he needed to learn the rules first before he started making calls, that this isn't Nascar.  And, as far as Stanley, no comment for them. Seen them let their tempers show at the tracks.
BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #190 on: March 17, 2009, 10:56:03 AM »

Hey PhilHeil, just maybe what you call kids are more grown up than you.  At the pro-truck race Saturday night.  An official said, kids you are no longer kids now, because you are racing adult machines, so be ready for anything.  And, they are right you have grown men that can not handled getting their behinds kicked on the track and are taking swings at minors.  Out of a total of 13, 8 of them were quartermidget racers.  And, as far as some of us not getting out of them earlier, you know they do have age limits. Go Figure.  And, my son is speaking out for himself, because he is tired of this grap and that they kept him from getting to race quartermidgets again.  He was going to race his truck and do some quartermidget racing for fun to hang out with his friends.  Now, he said he didn't care if he ever raced another one.  I am sure that would please some of them out there wanting to win a championship.  We have plenty of jackets, if you need one.  We are a clean driving family!
mwasher42
Rookie

« Reply #191 on: March 17, 2009, 11:09:16 AM »

Wow!! This is crazy people! My son and I raced QM's from 92 -99. It was fun. Sure there were disputes and a few cheaters, but we had fun, and great leadership.We had Harold Lambert, Mike Lewis, Rick Kilbourne, Bill Wease, Blake Hollingsworth and many others, setting great examples for the kids, as well as us adults. I don't feel good about reading the forum. This is a great sport, somebody step up and take control. I am so proud of my son, not so much for the championships or races we won, but more for how QM's helped him evolve into a responsible adult, that sets good examples for the kids. Guys, please focus on solving the issues, your kids don't need the bickering and negativity. Hopefully USAC will be the answer. But, you parents have to do your part, also.--- Please take no offense, just my thoughts.

Marc Washer
BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #192 on: March 17, 2009, 11:28:58 AM »

mwasher42, You are right this is crazy.  But, there is a point that needs to solved in order to get this straighten out.  We are like you, we have been racing competitively since 2001, but we have run into alot of crooked people.  They forget that it is for the kids, and think about themselves.  If they have a test showing us people that we are illegal, just how much of this chemical got onto on cars, because we know we didn't put anything on our tires, so it had to come off the track.  We have told alot of people about this sport and have gotten several people involved.  But, I don't want to see anyone else done the way some of us was done at the Fall National.  We aren't holding this against the sport, we just want our name cleared.  And, if they have real proof of anything, why cain't they show it.  That is what sounds and looks so unprofessional abut the whole ordeal.  They are slashing all of our names.  Maybe, if you were still in quartermidget racing today, you would see all the bad things that are going on.  It has gotten really bad the past 2 or 3 years and continues that way.  Bruce, Sr. said he may let Bruce, Jr. raced USAC if he wanted, later.  But, right now we have people interested in talking with him about the possibility of racing bigger and better things.  I have to agree with you some of our most memorable times are traveling and racing our quarter midgets. Thanks for your thoughts and have a nice day.
D-Train
« Reply #193 on: March 17, 2009, 11:33:16 AM »

Exactly,,,,, Grin
The race director had no idea that preston was comming,so who was up to this?Huh?

:oSTANLEY &  BURTON  Shocked

Burton told Preston that he wanted to see someones tires in the jr honda C main sooooooo Preston took them.... How can a member be allowed to do that?
Mrneg
Rookie

« Reply #194 on: March 17, 2009, 12:10:29 PM »

Hello, did you not read we were tested before we even it the track or are you that dumb that you cain't read.

Bennett,

Looks like you are the one that needs a little help with reading comprehension. This is what I said in my original post "cheaters have become more savvy and use products that are undectable using only the tire sniffer" The testing they do at the lab is destuctive testing, you couldn't possibly take the track with those tires. To put it in terms you might understand passing the tire sniffer test doesn't mean squat.

Don't know if you were one of the ones caught cheating or not, if the results said you did then I believe the lab tests. The amount of chemicals found in the tires could not have been picked up from the track. Are people upset because Preston showed up unannounced... so what? Should the cheaters have been given more warning?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: