USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 01:21:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: tire treatment at fall nationals  (Read 276224 times)
qmracer12
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 10:45:59 PM »

Actually I don't think anything is wrong with tire doping.

The problem I see with doping is my kid is behind someone with sometimes wet slinging nasty smelling crap that you need gloves and a mask to use!
pokesalad
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 11:03:57 PM »

like I said I don't use it anymore, but if it was slingning on your kid or anyone else then they were wasting there time and money because they were not using it right.
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 09:05:30 AM »

pokesalad why don't you tell us who they were?I know of 1.
qrteracer
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 10:24:56 AM »

Tell us your 1 and see if someone will tell the rest!!

Alot of people know who they are

NCQMA and QMA wants it that way!
pokesalad
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 11:48:34 AM »

I don't see any point in naming the people, It won't  make things better or worse. I think the point should be that they are seriously going after altered tires. That sniffer the regions had to buy was a joke but know it is pretty cut and dry
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 12:02:45 PM »

The Point is:

Action is being taken against members who have supported USAC yet Reg board members are cheating in racing along with others.

So someone please tell me the difference I sure do not get it.  You support organizations which are trying to find other racing adventures and that is wrong but it is right to break any regulations to win!  What is next go after the drivers who are beating your kids if you can't cheat to win?  Let's see you can run them into the walls, turn right into them although you normally turn left, you can verbally threaten them.  Oh yes I have seen it all!
qrteracer
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 12:33:45 PM »

The point is...
Did all the tires that showed up in QMA tests with prep really have prep put into them from the handlers?
ANB1
Rookie

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 12:44:59 PM »

Grandma...well written...and exactly on point.
pokesalad
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 01:37:19 PM »

well.................... the point is most of the people that were caught with the prep are not members of usac nor were they promoting usac so I'm not seeing were that comes into play with this particular topic
ANB1
Rookie

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 02:09:10 PM »

No, what she is saying is that QMA comes down on members/board members looking at other QM racing options like USAC but doesn't make an example out of handlers who have regional/club positions who are cheating.
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 02:34:32 PM »

Since I have not been around anyone using tire treatment would someone explain to me how it is done.  I thought that the tires had to be soaked in something for sometime and if that is the case then how would a tire without prep pick enough up off the track to be detected?  I understand it is a very harmful chemical but again do not know the facts on that either.  Obviously there is something harmful regarding it or it would be ok to use it.

Thanks for enlightening me as I am no mechanic just one tired nurse.
Swartz
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 02:47:34 PM »

There are several methods of treating tires and untill the ban it was even taught in QM seminars on setup. The practice goes back to the inception of racing. In the "olden days" soaking the tires in gasoline was not uncommon. There are basicly 2 kinds of treatment. Stuff to soften or rejuvinate the rubber and stuff to dissapate heat and cool the tire. I don't treat tires but I would think if there is any danger it would be to the handlers that come in contact with the chemicals. Usually they are brushed or rolled onto the tire while some come in aresol cans and are sprayed on. Some are put in the inside of the tire and work from the inside out.
pokesalad
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 02:54:53 PM »

yes tire treating has been aroung for years. Qma started looking at it after the 2005 grands in Ga. In my opinion it was not a safety issue in Ga. It was a competition issue. I will go into it more later today when work slows down
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 04:10:56 PM »

"Reg board members are cheating"Huh

Boy, I sure hope that’s not true, how could anyone in a leadership position at the club, regional or national level cheat?  That would probably also fall under the classification of being detrimental to the sport of Quarter Midget Racing AND QMA with a denial or revocation of their membership I'm sure.

Just my HONEST opinion, Again!

y2slim
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2009, 05:58:25 PM »

I can not speak for all involved in the "SCAM" around tire treating at the nationals, but a few of them I can and I know this is a load of crap.  A witch hunt was all it was from the begining.  No one likes to lose.  Someone said it right when it wasn't a safety issue it was a competition issue.  I know first hand that when you do beat someone whether it's your first or second win ever or you have dominated everything you do you can quickly be labeled a "cheater".  As in my case it work best to work it out directly with the people involved and continue to remain friends and competitors, but I am the type that care about how people feel towards me and my son and I do not like to have enemies.  Life is too short for that.  It is the kids that are suffering here when this happens.  Trying to tarnish what these kids who are not cheating have done is pure, plain and simply a cheesey thing to do.  Maybe some did have something in their tires, but I know some did not unless it came off the track.  If it were me involved I would be throwing one more redneck fit and shaming anyone involved in this fiasco.  Asking questions like, Why only right rears? What exactly were the readings? What were the readings of the legal tires?  What procedures were done in the confiscations?    QMA wants members and complaining about the numbers, but this kind of stuff makes people want to pack up and move on.  Those of you on the outside looking in please don't jump to conclusions.  Put yourself in the shoes of the nine and ask yourself what you would do if you know you were on the straight and narrow and this happened to you because obviously it can!!!!!  I do know it is being investigated further and I think the conclusion should be posted to the public so everyone can see.  If anyone is overturned, QMA should issue public apologies to help correct this out of hand mess.  I know this seems that I have rambled on and on but it just upsets me bad to know this could easily have been me in this situation and having to explain to my kid what was going on.  Thanks for letting me vent!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: