USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:57:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: tire treatment at fall nationals  (Read 276246 times)
pokesalad
Rookie

« on: February 16, 2009, 11:18:09 AM »

I was told that 9 out of the 13 sets of tires that were taken had been treated. Does anyone else have more info?

poke
pointtwofive
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:28:43 PM »

I heard 10, but 2 were from one family. Also heard (5) members from N.C., (1) from Region 4, (1) from Florida, not sure about the rest.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 01:06:04 PM »

I just hope none of them hold any type of position at the club, regional or national level.  I have always felt strongly about leading by example and those that represent our clubs and sport are a reflection of us.  If you cheat or receive a suspension or COD for violent or inappropriate behavior you should lose your current position and should not be allowed to hold another in the future.

Just my HONEST opinion!

brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »

Don't think they would get any national postitions.  They are not from Region 2. 
d-train
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 01:28:39 PM »

They told everyone at the handlers meeting that they was going to send tires from qualifying off to get tested!!  :oWhy would anyone do any thing at that point? Shocked
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 02:47:22 PM »

Maybe they thought they were bluffing or that their method of treating tires would beat their testing?

I have heard that some treatments used are not detectable by the tire sniffers being used but I’m sure they have more sophisticated equipment that is used for the tires sent offsite.

I would like to see the actual numbers, parts per million, because it has always concerned me about picking up other peoples treatment off the track.  I was assured that the PPM is very different between treated tires and those that pickup treatment from the track.

d-train
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 03:13:13 PM »

Would also want to know what is the baseline tire?? What are they comparing the "suspect tire" to? You can't check with a new tire,it hasent ran on that track!?

I am like you, what you are running on(what is already on the track)is going into the tire.
In other words if there is tire dookie on the track there is tire dookie in your tire wether or not you use anything!!
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 03:39:45 PM »

Those were my thoughts.  I was told that the PPM for a tire that was directly treated would be VERY high and the PPM of a tire that just picks up treatment would be MUCH lower.

Still concerns me because I dont want any of that crap on my tires.  ;-)

Swartz
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 04:17:16 PM »

So who pays for the tires? That is "destuctive" testing.
pointtwofive
Veteran

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 05:30:21 PM »

Does anyone know if the names of the people cought treating tires will be posted anywhere? There was a store in a very small town near where I live and they put all bad checks under the glass on the counter at checkout for everyone to see. Shame can be an excellent tool. Wink Wink
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 05:36:57 PM »

It could help...

d-train
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 06:33:47 PM »

ncrcr..you are correct,but someone asked what was going to be done with the tires they said they would be evaluated and could go as far as being sent off!!
They did take 20 to 25 sets, but only kept a handfull like you said.
Dave Preston had a list he was going by and even asked for a guy's tires that wasnt even taken.He agreed to go get them even though the team wasnt in the a or b  main??
ssssmoke
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 07:05:33 PM »

back up pointtwofive i already told that story!!! lmao
pokesalad
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 09:25:27 PM »

I do know the names of the people that were caught but I see no point in telling. I think the point that QMA is putting the hammer down is enough. Actually I don't think anything is wrong with tire doping. I had  been doing it for years. But once the rule came out to stop, I went cold turkey. The only diffrence I see now is that my tire bill has went sky high
qrteracer
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 10:20:31 PM »

Heard out of all the tires that they checked,that only right rear tires had prep in them.
No right front tires had anything in them that they checked.
HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: