USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:15:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: tire treatment at fall nationals  (Read 276267 times)
D-Train
« Reply #195 on: March 17, 2009, 12:18:54 PM »

(The amount of chemicals found in the tires could not have been picked up from the track. )

STOP right there!!!
That is where you are wrong!
You can not compare a tire that is new to a tire that has been ran on the race track.
PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #196 on: March 17, 2009, 02:20:40 PM »

Hey PhilHeil, just maybe what you call kids are more grown up than you.  At the pro-truck race Saturday night.  An official said, kids you are no longer kids now, because you are racing adult machines, so be ready for anything.  And, they are right you have grown men that can not handled getting their behinds kicked on the track and are taking swings at minors.  Out of a total of 13, 8 of them were quartermidget racers.  And, as far as some of us not getting out of them earlier, you know they do have age limits. Go Figure.  And, my son is speaking out for himself, because he is tired of this grap and that they kept him from getting to race quartermidgets again.  He was going to race his truck and do some quartermidget racing for fun to hang out with his friends.  Now, he said he didn't care if he ever raced another one.  I am sure that would please some of them out there wanting to win a championship.  We have plenty of jackets, if you need one.  We are a clean driving family!

You and your kid sound like you are full of yourselves, talking about all your race wins and championships.  Now you are giving jackets away....good for you, no one else gives a crap.  Good thing they are jackets and not pull-overs because I doubt anyone has produced a pull-over yet that would fit over your big, arrogant heads.

No one at the next levels of racing will give two-turds about your QM championships. It's fun to talk about with all you QM buddies that seem to enjoy kissing your arse, outside of that no one cares.

My son started running a 1200cc upright mini-sprint at the L-Burg Speedway halfway through last season at age 13.  He's done pretty well and the older drivers respect him because he is clean and can drive.  They don't know, nor do they care about his QM days.

I will miss the friends and the racing at Mini-Indy.  Two things I won't miss are the drive from Cincy to Indy and dealing with people like you that think they are bigger then the sport.  There are some real good things about getting out of QMs, listening to people blather about how their kid is going to be the next Jeff Gordon is one of them.

Like I said, if you plan on living your life through your kids future you are setting yourself up for a major disappointment.

Regards.....and good riddance!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 02:24:13 PM by PhilHeil » Logged
dxa0khg
Rookie

« Reply #197 on: March 17, 2009, 03:38:12 PM »

my son and i have raced in region 3 many times, a couple of times in n.c. and won a couple of races there ,was it obvious that the racers were using something on there tires or the track ? yes it was, somthing was odd , but we raced ,didn't dope our tires ,all we had to was race on there surface and it was great, all the  reg. 3 tracks are great places to race, lots of good people and its fun to race with the burtons and other nascar people who get a chance be fathers and enjoy there kids win or lose. as for the bennett family, we are  fla. people also and have raced with them ,they are a good hard working honest family with talented kids. they should be proud as any family should be, of there kids. knowing the family i say QMA is wrong i don't believe they doped there tires they are to good for that. thats all i got to say. THANKS FOR LISTENING DAN ATWELL
BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #198 on: March 17, 2009, 04:02:43 PM »

PhilHeil, I race pro trucks and someone wants me to race their modified, does your son get asked that!!! I think its harder to drive a truck with 425hp, 2850lb than a little mini sprint.
BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2009, 04:15:17 PM »

Mrneg,
Thats where your wrong you can get stuff on your tires from running on it.. Why would we waste our money on tire treatment when its on the track. What do you think you clean off the tires every time you run on it. Why don't you grow some balls and tell who you are.
Bruce Jr
BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2009, 04:31:58 PM »

PhilHeil,
We don't expect no one to kiss our arse, as you say it.  Yes, we are very proud of our kids, all four of them, as a matter of fact.  The jacket deal was meant for you and only you, because of your attitude, but it sounds like you need a straight jacket, instead.  Why don't you look around and just see how many of the good Nascar drivers were young quartermidget racers, back in their younger days.  So it doesn't matter if people remember you or not.  But, there is a lot out there that will.  Of course that is the ones with a brain, because they are the ones that still have a memory.  Go get a Life and we will try to remember you down the road that is if you ever become someone!

TysonThompson
Rookie

« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2009, 04:38:31 PM »

Just FYI a 1200 mini-sprint is harder to drive than a truck or a late-model.  I for one have done them both. The 1200 has a much higher power to weight ratio than a truck.  I just wanted to clarify.  Now you can continue your arguement about nothing.
lm_79
Rookie

« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2009, 05:34:21 PM »

Well a Pro-Truck is basically just a street stock with a truck body and racing tires.
Barnes21
Rookie

« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2009, 05:40:50 PM »

I just hope none of them hold any type of position at the club, regional or national level.  I have always felt strongly about leading by example and those that represent our clubs and sport are a reflection of us.  If you cheat or receive a suspension or COD for violent or inappropriate behavior you should lose your current position and should not be allowed to hold another in the future.

Just my HONEST opinion!

Copied from the R4 minutes 2/11/09
Effective immediately, Freddie Bear has stepped down as Assistant Regional Director. R4 BOD unanimously agreed to reinstate Freddie after 30 day suspension has expired.

Dont know if this is related or not but seems odd that the R4 Assistant Regional Director would be suspended in February and then reinstated. Roll Eyes     There are so many things wrong with this senario I dont know where to start......
BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2009, 05:49:14 PM »

the only thing on a pro truck that makes it even close to a street stock is the sub frame
PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2009, 05:52:25 PM »

I am done responding to the nonsense of the Bennett clan who seem to think the QM sun rises and sets over their rear-ends.  I didn't come out here to debate QM wins and championships, or the excitement of owning a QM jacket....YIPPIE!

The race wins, championships, giant trophies and other successes on the track are not what I will remember most about QM racing.  What I will remember most are the friendships we made with the good folks at Mini-Indy.  The beers around the campfire laughing our butts off.  How good that first beer tasted at the end of a long hot race-day.  Grilling out with the Mouls, McDonalds and Spillers.  Mouching off Sherry McDonald's parents for dinner.... Smiley  Having a glass of wine with the Thomason's while sitting on the trolly cars at the Indy Fairgrounds.

What I will miss most about the racing is working with all the guys around the track.  There is nothing better then getting a beat up car back in the race under caution before the green flies again.  You don't get to do that when you move on from QM racing.  I can still remember Darrell McDonald helping me get TJ back on the track and me helping Darrell get Matt back on the track even though our kids were within a handfull of points from each other for the Senior Honda championship.

I didn't know anything about racing when we started with QMs....zero, nada, zilch.  This was my son's passion not mine.  Thank God for guys like Bob Moul who helped us get started and folks like Darrell McDonald, Wes Spillars, and Rick Thomason that were always willing to lend a hand.  If not for them we would never have had the level of success we experienced with QMs.

My point is this, if you are not enjoying your QM experience like we did (and it is apparent some of you are not), then I feel bad for you.  It's kids racing little cars for heavens sake.  Relax and enjoy it, it doesn't last forever.
BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2009, 05:58:52 PM »

PhilHeil,
First of all your not supposed to drink at a qma event smart one. How can you enjoy qm racing when your drunk.
Your Friend Bruce Jr
BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2009, 05:59:09 PM »

PhilHeil,
First of all your not supposed to drink at a qma event smart one. How can you enjoy qm racing when your drunk.
Your Friend Bruce Jr
BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2009, 06:01:03 PM »

I thought you might not comprehend it once so i did it twice
PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2009, 06:06:59 PM »

I just hope none of them hold any type of position at the club, regional or national level.  I have always felt strongly about leading by example and those that represent our clubs and sport are a reflection of us.  If you cheat or receive a suspension or COD for violent or inappropriate behavior you should lose your current position and should not be allowed to hold another in the future.

Just my HONEST opinion!

Copied from the R4 minutes 2/11/09
Effective immediately, Freddie Bear has stepped down as Assistant Regional Director. R4 BOD unanimously agreed to reinstate Freddie after 30 day suspension has expired.

Dont know if this is related or not but seems odd that the R4 Assistant Regional Director would be suspended in February and then reinstated. Roll Eyes     There are so many things wrong with this senario I dont know where to start......

I couldn't figure that one out either.  Actions like that make QMA look really bad.  There is no excuse for a rules violation like this, and the fact that it is a QMA official makes it even worse.  How can you re-instate someone after something like this?  A one year suspension from office would have made more sense.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: