USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:35:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: World Formula Motors- New "Blow Proof" Plate to be used on 2009 racing  (Read 6709 times)
deerbybow
Rookie

« on: March 14, 2009, 08:52:58 PM »

Not sure if USAC will follow but just got word, 2009 wf motors have to have a new 1/4" thk alum plate attached to the rear/firewall side of the engine to keep parts from injuring drivers.  Anyone else heard this? evidently 2 motors grenaded in reg 5?

also new wf gear boxes will be available in april.  what we all need another box?? 3 out already, now after 4 years they bring out there box? hopefully it will bring down the costs. 

just passing some info on.  not sure if USAC will adapt or not.  all just FYI for the good
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 09:01:06 PM »

Ziggy installed one on my motor when it was refreshed a couple weeks ago.

I believe someone said on the other forums that the motors that grenaded were moded WF half motors.  I don’t see a WF with the rev limiter installed coming apart that easily or being an issue but a piece of aluminum can’t hurt anything.

Swartz
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 11:40:49 AM »

It's all about proper installation. First I have to broach 3 holes along the bottom side. Insert our offset "keways" to be used as pegs. Thread a nylon brake line through the mounting holes and hang it on the wall. Then the "keway" pegs can be used to hang our 3 year old seat belts on. True genius.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: