March 19, 2024, 01:39:04 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Young Shoes  (Read 9594 times)
davemahar
Rookie

« on: July 30, 2008, 06:48:42 PM »

I have to listen to people tell me about all the great drivers of the USAC and CRA drivers of days gone by. Truly those were great days. But these young guns in USAC and USAC/CRA have given us a new golden era of sprint and midget racing. Just watched the Mills highlights of Kokomo and was thrilled by the show that Hunter-Sheurenburg put on. What a terrific bunch of drivers in USAC. Levi Jones, Cole Whitt, Brad Sweet, Ballou, Cottle, Stanbrough et al. Still Dave Darland is a favorite of mine along with Coons. Darland comes out here for the Oval Nationals and usually puts on a show and goes home with the money. At last years Oval National a buddy of mine, Norm "HotLaps" Bogan who writes for FlatOut magazine after walking thru the pits and seeing these very young shoes like Whitt and Bacon said next year ther should be a nursury in the pits.LOL.
We have some great drivers out here in LaLa land. Right now Danny Sheridan is putting on some great shows along with Mike Spencer, Garret Hanson and my long time hero "The Ripper" Rip Williams, who has returned after a few months off with an injury. He has two sons Cody and Austin who are racing, Cody in a sprint and Austin in Ford Focus. Bright future for these kids.
We also have some hot shoes at Ventura Raceway out here in 360 nonwing action. Greg Taylor, Troy Rutherford and Brian Camarillo.
Between Perris and Ventura I manage to see sprint car action every Saturday nite. But those lucky Indiana people have all those legendary tracks to go to. Someday I will come there for sprint week. Dave Argabright said in his column that this years speint week was the best.
Dave "BigRipFan" Mahar
turn4rob
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 11:24:51 PM »

Dave did you forget about that up and coming hot shoe Al Boner?
ROB
davemahar
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 03:33:01 PM »

OK Rob, I also forgot Dan Tedrick.
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 02:14:19 AM »

yes those tracks around here are nice but very very VERY crowded. its nice to go to a small track at times too.

To race is to win. To get 1st is to succeed! To succeed to to make dreams come true!
yaga
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 11:36:35 AM »

if you are traveling, think about Eldora and Belleville KS, these are very fast tracks and it is absolutely awesome to watch these young drivers and the skill they have to race so closely.

....maybe you need a tune up ......
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 12:36:12 PM »

id like to go to those tracks but i live too far away

To race is to win. To get 1st is to succeed! To succeed to to make dreams come true!
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: