March 19, 2024, 03:32:15 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: salem speedway  (Read 8236 times)
salembubba
Rookie

« on: July 28, 2008, 04:15:25 PM »

Just wanted to say that the Usac orginization is always welcome in Salem!!  I have been going to the races at the highbanks for years, and nothing is better than the sprint and midget series!!!  I look forward every year to this race.  If you have never been to one of the races at Salem, you dont know what you are missing.  Some of the greatest drivers ever, and current ones as well have raced the banks.  I was disappointed that the midgets are not returning this year.  Why is that?  I heard a couple of years ago that the racing surface was too rough for them to run on, is that the reason?  This track has had some great improvements over the last decade, and Mr Thompson will continue these inprovements over time.  Hopefully one day their will  be a new surface applied, but the racing is still awesome!!   Look forward to the race on Sunday and hopefully a full field of cars.
Honest-Sam
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 09:08:41 PM »

I think the absence of the midgets this year is due to Belleville in August 1st and 2nd, and Midget week starting three days after Salem.  Something had to give, I guess.

Sam Brooks
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: