USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:49:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Quarter Midget Racers Benefits  (Read 5991 times)
grandma13
Feature Winner

« on: January 29, 2009, 04:32:21 PM »

I think it is time that everyone look at what the young drivers are receiving from Quarter Midget Racing:

1.  Learning to handle cars, even though small.

2.  Developing motor skills and increasing peripheal vision

3.  Learning sportsmanship (at least I hope so).

Now with that I have to ask what the National QMA or USAC is doing for the drivers:  Are there any scholarships offered?  Are there useful items offered (other than through the local clubs)?  Are there paid advertisements or publicity to recognize these drivers? ETC.

Where are the funds going that every member pays?  Is any of it going back into the drivers?

I wonder how many of those trophies that are supplied by the local clubs out of local club funds are sitting in a garage, basement or wherever.

There are many good examples other than Quarter Midget Racing in which our young people are benefiting.  Ex. Club sports where college coaches are brought in to observe our young people, handling of animals where they are sold to give children scholarship funds, handling of dogs where the young people win Savings Bonds, cheering, gymnastics, swimming and many other young people activities where the sponsoring groups support the future of these young individuals.

I only hope that all of this USAC and QMA stuff will end up with some benefit going to our young people other than observing adults acting like fools.

gass
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 05:18:46 PM »

You have made a very good point my son has a Bowling scholarship fund from bowling in the Brunswick leagues they add to it yearly it isn't much but it is something.   
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: