USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 12:37:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: USAC - why? my statement  (Read 58537 times)
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 12:42:20 AM »

Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

I understand very well!!! As far as the name goes that is my name and everyone knows me very well weather good or bad!!!

Melmo In The Fast Lane!!!
djcasey2009
Rookie

DATA DRIVEN BULLRIDER DRIVEN BY CASEY JONES...2008

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 12:53:09 AM »

why cant we just let our kids race.....Huh
PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 01:09:08 AM »

why cant we just let our kids race.....Huh

Because, like most other youth sports, parents and their egos have to get involved.

There are many things I will miss about QM racing.  This kind of crap I will not miss.  One nice thing about the next level (AMSA Mini-Sprints for us) is you go and race and you abide by the rules of  the sanctioning body and the track or you go home.

There are no Regional and National Boards, no judges, no parental involvement other than working with your kid and his car.

I will miss our friends at the track and watching my kid race, but I won't miss the politics, pettiness and personal self-interests that is quarter midget racing.
USACRULES
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 04:27:58 AM »

I will miss our friends at the track and watching my kid race, but I won't miss the politics, pettiness and personal self-interests that is quarter midget racing.

You got all of that while racing QMA. Maybe USAC will be different.
Like Obama say's "We need Change"
Like I say "if you do as you always did you will get what you always got!" Smiley

Looking foward to be racing with the NEW MINI INDY CLUB , thanks Rick for stepping up and being president
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 08:11:49 AM »

Very well said Rick, Good Luck!!
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 08:24:03 AM »

Rick, I understand were your coming from.As pres. of buckeye last year I totally understand.That was well said.Looking forward to see the club grow.Good luck.
   Phil, I think this is a case of damn if you do damned if you don't.If you don't like what he has done it's simple don't race at that club.Easy.

Hey Rick have they started that rumor with you yet?I was told that my driver was going to get a jr focus if I got them in at buckeye.But then again you don't have that dumb a.. dave young around you.
gass
Veteran

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 10:08:47 AM »

Phil Phil Phil I think with the statement that you just made that you should wake up and understand what's going!!! If you say that some of you people is backing USAC should get out I understand. But what I don't understand is the one and only TONY GEORGE from the INDIANAPOLIS 500 track help founded the mini-indy track and made it what it is today!!! Now Tony is backing USAC in a good way and standing by USAC!!! So all in all you should practice what you preach and understand what the mini-indy club is doing to Mr. George!!!

That's just my thoughts!!!

Also Phil you should know the whole story before you start making statements like this!!!

What you have done to Steve Kuhn is inexcusable.

Melmo,

How do you know what Tony thinks and doesn't think?  I happen to know Tony doesn't like to get involved in controversies that don't involve him.   I have yet to hear Tony say he is backing either as he is concerned about IRL issues and rightfully so.  I think you are assuming something that may not be true.   I am not saying he backs one club or the other what I am saying is he usually stays neutral on this type of thing.

Nancy Gass

Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 10:15:37 AM »

Maybe or Maybe not Nancy!!! But I guess you know it all so in the minds of all of us we will start thinking something else!!! Like you more less said you know it all!!!

gass
Veteran

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 10:23:38 AM »

Maybe or Maybe not Nancy!!! But I guess you know it all so in the minds of all of us we will start thinking something else!!! Like you more less said you know it all!!!

I am not saying I know it all I am just saying that Tony typically does not get involved in this it doesn't involve the IRL. 

Just for the record my family plans on joining both series.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 10:28:12 AM by gass » Logged
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 10:26:53 AM »

OK    Roll Eyes

rjmoul
Rookie

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 10:37:19 AM »

Without being drawn into a whizzing match,  here is all I am going to say.

I no longer look at it as USAC vs QMA.   I have not made it a secret that I did like what USAC was saying about their intentions for .25.

But for me it now looks like a USAC vs. Mini Indy.  They say they wish  Mini Indy no harm with their words,  but their actions seem to speak otherwise.  

Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 10:47:43 AM »

Sorry Rick, but I don't believe it.

If you truely wanted to do this the right way you should have let the current leadership at Mini-Indy know it was coming rather than blind siding them.  What you have done to Steve Kuhn is inexcusable.

You should have recommended that current Mini-Indy officers refrain from involvement with USAC unless they resigned from their leadership roles as Mini-Indy is currently a QMA sanctioned track.  That way you wouldn't have had Mini-Indy officers and their son's cars in the USAC booth this past weekend rather than the Mini-Indy, QMA booth where they should have been.

Your wife Denise, who you mention above, should have resigned as the Secretary of Mini-Indy as her position gives her access to confidential clubs records.  This situation certainly will lead to ethics questions.

If you had done things the right way Rick, Mini-Indy would not be facing the uncomfortable club meeting they are going to have Thursday evening to vote on impeaching your wife and another board member.

So you can say what you want about why you have done this.  But the manner in which it was done would lead one to believe this is about revenge and vindictivness.

And this is coming from a guy that likes you, your wife and your son.  A guy that supported you during your years as president of Mini-Indy.  I can only imagine what the people that didn't like you are thinking.

Phil Heil
Proud Mini-Indy Alum

Rjmoul,

With posting like this its seems to be the other way around on what you just stated!!! It seems like some of the Mini-Indy Proud Alum is attacking USAC and some of the supporters but the bad part is to me when a guy is looking out for what he thinks best for the kids why put him down?!!!

PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 11:03:04 AM »

Exactly Bob, this is about some people not getting their way.....and not being happy about it.
PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 11:03:51 AM »

OK    Roll Eyes

Don't argue with Melvin....it's a waste of time and energy.
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 11:05:20 AM »

OK    Roll Eyes

Don't argue with Melvin....it's a waste of time and energy.

If you say so!!!  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: