USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 12:53:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: USAC - why? my statement  (Read 58538 times)
Swartz
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 11:48:06 AM »

Intresting. So someone who has a USAC membership should not hold a QMA office. Does that include Focus and Kenyon? How about other kids racing sanctioning bodies?

Sorry Rick, but I don't believe it.

If you truely wanted to do this the right way you should have let the current leadership at Mini-Indy know it was coming rather than blind siding them.  What you have done to Steve Kuhn is inexcusable.

You should have recommended that current Mini-Indy officers refrain from involvement with USAC unless they resigned from their leadership roles as Mini-Indy is currently a QMA sanctioned track.  That way you wouldn't have had Mini-Indy officers and their son's cars in the USAC booth this past weekend rather than the Mini-Indy, QMA booth where they should have been.

Your wife Denise, who you mention above, should have resigned as the Secretary of Mini-Indy as her position gives her access to confidential clubs records.  This situation certainly will lead to ethics questions.

If you had done things the right way Rick, Mini-Indy would not be facing the uncomfortable club meeting they are going to have Thursday evening to vote on impeaching your wife and another board member.

So you can say what you want about why you have done this.  But the manner in which it was done would lead one to believe this is about revenge and vindictivness.

And this is coming from a guy that likes you, your wife and your son.  A guy that supported you during your years as president of Mini-Indy.  I can only imagine what the people that didn't like you are thinking.

Phil Heil
Proud Mini-Indy Alum
PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 12:17:07 PM »

Apples and oranges......Focus and Kenyon are not in competitive with QMA.

The Mini-Indy membership voted to remain QMA.  The officers of the club should have respected that decision.  Does that mean they can't race USAC events?  No, of course not.

Now does it mean they should not be in USAC boths displaying their cars at an event where Mini-Indy has a QMA booth?  Yes.

Does it mean they should not stay on as Secretary while their husband is working with USAC to create a club to compete against Mini-Indy for membership?  Yes.

The Mini-Indy officers were elected to support the Mini-indy Club and its members.  Those members voted to remain QMA for now.  If some officers cannot respect that decision they should resign.  It's that simple.

How long would you keep your job if your boss found out you were working with the competition?

If some of you people can't understand that I can't help you.  It's basic common sense.
Swartz
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 01:40:34 PM »

It really is just a shame. We ran the ISCS series last summer and some of the greatest people we have met doing this were at Kokomo and Indy. I'm starting to wonder if this is like Wrastlin'.
ANB1
Rookie

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 02:13:22 PM »

Phil, where I disagree is why do people think these two have to be in competition with one another...the two clubs that is...

If anything it just gives the kids around here another place to race QM's.

And there were people on both sides of the debate who were wrong...that club meeting where some members had QMA reps there without the board or many on the board knowing that they were going to be there was a joke.

Frankly, that was a members meeting....I don't know why any non-members should have been there, QMA or USAC.

I just hate that so many want to hide behind "it's for the kids" ---I'm not speaking to you here by the way...when for many...it is clearly about everything except the kids.

I do not know what/where or how many QM events we are running this year...we are going to be doing a lot of karting but plan on running some QM events...but this mess(exactly what it is )has made me feel even better about doing more karting.  However, I know my son is going to miss the QM experience and being with his friends when not racing.....that experience for him is in my mind the best thing about QM racing...the friendships the things they learn off the track.....they don't bring those grudges onto the track like adults...they just want to race, try for wins, and have fun. 

Aaron-

w
Magic Man
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 02:39:22 PM »

Spot On Aaron!  Thats what I am talking about.  Everyone on here echoes the sentiment that this is for the kids.  The kids will have fun if it is USAC or QMA and so will I.  I am a loyal and proud Mini Indy member. However, do not hold a preference to racing organizations.  I say all Indy area handlers have a meeting at the Classy Chassis and hash this all out, cooperate on schedule so we all can race more and not conflict points race dates. 

Lets start a QM series that pays some cash.  These trophies just arent paying the bills. 

ssssmoke
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 03:22:35 PM »

rock on magic man!!
gass
Veteran

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 03:41:38 PM »

I would like to see a few inter-series races fun races like the Sox/Cubs crosstown classics. Maybe something similiar to the states but it doesn't matter what series your a member of as long as your a member of either QMA or USAC.

Both sides would need to pitch in at concessions etc...

I wonder if the kids were asked without parental input what they would say?
clouse55
Feature Winner

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 04:41:26 PM »

I believe Aaron hit the nail on the head! When people decide to turn racing competition into sanctioning competition, chassis competition, male/female competition, etc. it gets ugly like we all have seen recently. THIS IS ABOUT OTHER OPPORTUNITIES!!!! ITS A FREE COUNTRY!! Whats wrong with anyone looking for something different or maybe better. Seems like we never learn from history, the attitude taken throughout this whole deal is the same as what started school bussing, segregation, etc. Everyone needs to stop and think a little bit here.

htjtct
Rookie

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 05:40:07 PM »

USAC and QMA should not compete against each other.   I feel it would have been great for USAC to say in the beginning...hey we want to help quarter midgets.  We are going to schedule some races at different places around town until we build our own track.  Come one and all and be apart.  Instead they came in like a takeover trying to takeover tracks and memberships. This caused people upset, disagreements, and a lot of heartache splitting clubs, friendships, and people having to choose a side.  I am so tired of everybody knowing everything and their oppinion is always right.  Come on people.  I am also tired of everybody being a victim.  Well they did this and they did that.  Get over it.  Nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes.  I love our club Mini Indy and I support it 100% whether it would have went USAC or QMA.  The people voted and that is what it is.  I do have a problem when a board member voted in by the membership to do a job was asked to help and couldn't, and ends up being there anyway helping another track and club.  I don't mind him helping them but not as a board member at the same event when he was asked to help his club and do a job he was voted in to do.  As for the person that started this thread......you make your words sound so right and so true and everyone on here don't know the lieing deceit you have done to our club.  Most of them will never know.  I don't need to make those things known because it is nobody's business.  You are the one that has to sleep at night.  If you feel so strongly about how things are ran for QMA I will be interested to see if you run it this year and am confused why your wife still wants control over the tower.

I still wish all clubs going QMA or USAC the best.  I pray that you have loyal, upright, people as officers and board members that support your club and do the best for it no  matter what.  That is what every club deserves.

Heather Thomas
ssssmoke
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 07:45:55 PM »

heather, i beleive you put alot of heart and soul in this sport and i respect that, but dont you think qma is kinda heading in the wrong direction.
PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 08:24:20 PM »

Hey, I think the two organizations working together would be a great idea.  It still may happen.....who knows.

Although, unfortunately, there may be a lot of blood spilled before that happens.
war09
Rookie

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2009, 02:02:04 AM »

USAC and QMA should not compete against each other.   I feel it would have been great for USAC to say in the beginning...hey we want to help quarter midgets.  We are going to schedule some races at different places around town until we build our own track.  Come one and all and be apart.  Instead they came in like a takeover trying to takeover tracks and memberships. This caused people upset, disagreements, and a lot of heartache splitting clubs, friendships, and people having to choose a side.  I am so tired of everybody knowing everything and their oppinion is always right.  Come on people.  I am also tired of everybody being a victim.  Well they did this and they did that.  Get over it.  Nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes.  I love our club Mini Indy and I support it 100% whether it would have went USAC or QMA.  The people voted and that is what it is.  I do have a problem when a board member voted in by the membership to do a job was asked to help and couldn't, and ends up being there anyway helping another track and club.  I don't mind him helping them but not as a board member at the same event when he was asked to help his club and do a job he was voted in to do.  As for the person that started this thread......you make your words sound so right and so true and everyone on here don't know the lieing deceit you have done to our club.  Most of them will never know.  I don't need to make those things known because it is nobody's business.  You are the one that has to sleep at night.  If you feel so strongly about how things are ran for QMA I will be interested to see if you run it this year and am confused why your wife still wants control over the tower.

I still wish all clubs going QMA or USAC the best.  I pray that you have loyal, upright, people as officers and board members that support your club and do the best for it no  matter what.  That is what every club deserves.

Heather Thomas
Heather, you are so right, this USAC or QMA or both would have went over alot better if some people didn't do the LIEING and DECEIT was to get it in.Some people didn't want both they just wanted USAC in,if they would have let people make up there own minds things would have been better.Now the people are split and it's going to be a blood bath,and they only ones that are getting hurt are the KIDS
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2009, 08:57:46 AM »

Can't you get the hint, it was peaceful while you were gone war09/deco45!!
brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2009, 09:23:27 AM »

I don't think that the kids are going to be hurt at all.  As far as they are concerned they are going to get strapped into the race car, stand on the gas, and turn left. They don't care what series they are racing under.  In fact when my son heard that USAC was going to be running .25 he got EXCITED that he would be running with, as he called it, PROFESSIONALS.  He asked how much $$$ he would get for winning.  I had to explain to him that just because USAC was a professional organization it did not mean that he would get paid.

As for lies and deciet...what about the lies told by QMA at the beginning of this "war"?  That letter that was "mistakenly" released was just full of them and not until the lawyer said that you can't say some of the things in it did QMA say that it was only a draft that was sent out by mistake...

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: