USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:41:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: tampa race  (Read 29787 times)
ssssmoke
« on: January 27, 2009, 04:45:15 PM »

wow, took a look at that race format for tampa. hope thats not what its going to cost to run all usac events. 30 dollars to practice is rediculous. 40 pre entry 50 late entry. come on boys that is gouging a little dont you think. is that what it cost for tampa or all usac? anyone know. i would like to hear something back on this!!!
brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 05:40:01 PM »

Seemed a little steep but isn't that race a qualifier for the national?  Regional races in QMA always cost more then local races. 

Brad
clouse55
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 06:21:39 PM »

Got your answer Smoke!! This race being a District qualifier is similar to a states race, entry for states race around here last year was $40. As far as the practice. There is a normal 1 round practice session just like we are all familiar with on Sat. The Friday practice is open practice, by division, round after round, all day, manned by USAC people not the club. That way pressure is taken off the club when they are trying to park, sign in, etc. otherwise a friday practice session would be out of the question. Which is cool for out of towners to be able to practice right before the race which we have never been allowed to do before. The cost of the practice is covering the extra day for the USAC personnel to be there and will also let them be able to start safety inspections and any other pre-race functions that when done on friday will help speed up things for saturday. $30 might be a little much but not having to worry about anything else but racing and being with family and friends is worth something.   
ssssmoke
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 09:27:46 PM »

you pay 30 on fri instead of having to pay an associate membership, i understand that but is that 30 for each car?
deco45
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 02:37:33 AM »

$30 dollers per car to practice
$40 per car entry if late it's $50
Only the people with alot of money can run USAC
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 08:55:58 AM »

Again, your look at things one sided.
ssssmoke
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 10:22:00 AM »

its a qualifier race so the price is about the same, i noticed new symrna race around the holidays was the same prices, is it more expensive to race in florida? seems that way. i absolutely do not agree with the 50 dollar late fee. and i do not agree with 30 per car. it should be a flat 30 (like what you would pay for a associate membership to practice at a track). also you can practice for free like a normal regional race( probably a three minute prac.)
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 11:49:51 AM »

Late fees are everywhere, it is a way to get most people registered ahead of time so the hosting club has a way of knowing how many will show up for the event.

It’s no different than the grand’s, rumble series, banquets, concerts or anything else so I don’t see a problem with it.

As for the extra 10.00 for entry fees, I think to have trained people at the events to flag and such to keep racers from doing it is great.  More time with family, working on cars and maybe even time to sit down for a minute and eat lunch.

As for the additional practice day on Friday, 30.00 can add up quickly with multiple cars.  4 cars to practice would add 120.00 to your bill, not counting any repairs as a result of some that think their racing for the championship and take you out.

Maybe the fee is high because they do not anticipate having many people being able to show up on Friday to practice due to work schedules and travel time and this would ensure that there was enough to cover the officials for the few that are able to make it.

At least they wont be charging for gas for you to practice with like at the states race.

deco45
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 01:30:59 PM »

You cry about a fly wheel that cost $100,but it's alright to pay these fees!
COME ON GUYS OPEN YOUR EYES
Swartz
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »

States race fees last year were $35 per. plus all the Vegas you could stand to buy. We burnt up 6 sets.
deco45
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 04:00:31 PM »

WHAT WAS THE FEE PER. CAR TO PRACTICES AT THE STATES RACE?
IF BURNT 6 SET OF VEGAS, IT WILL TAKE YOU 9 SET OF HOOSIERS, IF YOU NEED NEW TIRES EVERY TIME YOU GO ON THE TRACK YOU NEED TO WORK ON YOUR SETUP
tarpondawg
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 05:27:47 PM »

Trust me..........you will be thankful you spent the money for practice at the Tampa track!
Swartz
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 05:37:20 PM »

The only pre race practice allowed was the 3 minute rounds before qualifying so if you wanted to work out your setup prior you would have to run  a weekly race. What's that cost?
We run Hvy. A and WF so it really isn't a fair comparison. They will burn up anything we put on. Our Hvy. 160 could get 1 race day out of a set of Vegas.
So far I haven't seen any mention of $100 parking or $150 hardship fees. Besides, it would cost me about $700 in fuel to tow to that race and $150 to $300 for hotels. $30? Puuleeze. If we were to go I would only practice one car anyway. It's more for the driver to learn the track than to set up the car.
Who is this deco45 anyway? Seems to have a realy bad attitude.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 05:55:13 PM »

True, I know many that travel to tracks before regionals and grands to get their setups right which would cost alot more money.  I just feel for those that cannot get off work in time to make it out for the additional practice time.

Swartz
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 08:30:25 PM »

Here is a freebie. We put on new Vegas at the dirt grands. They didn't wear at all but I don't know if it was the high moisture content or granular racing surface or maybe the chemicals used on the track that seemed to finnish the vulcanization process that somehow more than doubled the life of the tires. We ran 2 more regionals on those tires and they never slowed down. Did you notice the same thing Scott?
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: