USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:58:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: new indy club  (Read 47956 times)
gadams
Veteran

« on: January 26, 2009, 10:23:47 PM »

a club in indy, how sweet is that. The way it sounds it will travel to different locations untill the permament facility is built. Way to go usac, more and more racing options for the summer.
ssssmoke
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 12:42:46 AM »

anyone know how many mini indy members are going to this club?     
_INDY .25 MIDGET CLUB JOINS USAC_

The latest addition to USAC’s growing list of .25 Midget member clubs is
the newly-formed Indy .25 Midget Club, serving Indianapolis, Ind. and
its environs.

A limited racing schedule is currently being developed which will form
the foundation for the kids’ racing landscape surrounding the racing
capital, which targets construction of a brand-new permanent facility
and expanded schedule as a result of its anticipated membership growth.

Club president Rick Thomason is ecstatic about the new USAC affiliation.
“With the help of USAC and the other Midwest District clubs, we will
visit a series of temporary venues around Indiana this year, which will
expose our sport to potential membership expansion,” he commented. “We
have an excellent group of families committed to this effort and
dedicated to growing our club and our sport, which should make this
inaugural season a solid framework for our future plans.”

USAC Development Series Director James Spink added: “We are absolutely
thrilled to include this new Indy .25-Midget Club as part of the USAC
family. There has been a large calling for a USAC club here in
Indianapolis and this new addition should satisfy everyone’s needs.”

More details about its schedule and operations will be released as they
become firm. We encourage you to visit www.usacracing.com
<http://www.usacracing.com/> for the latest news regarding this and
other member .25-Midget clubs.”

--USAC--
ANB1
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 09:47:49 AM »

If I had to guess...probably half with most of those belonging to both.
ssssmoke
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 10:22:35 AM »

wow, thats alot. wouldnt it have been alot easier to just vote dual charter at mini!!!  we ran mini our first time last year and think its a awesome facility, but we are not going to join qma this year.
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 10:25:07 AM »

Class act Indy club, this is the way it should be done. Would you contact the hand full of knot heads at the Buckeye club that is trying to steal what several generation have built and explain how it's done. I'm sure you will see several Ohio drivers visiting your new club, Congratulations.
deco45
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 01:32:54 AM »

why dont the hand full of people at BUCKEYE that want USAC go and start there OWN track?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 01:36:57 AM by deco45 » Logged
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 09:04:16 AM »

The majority wants both. The votes tell the truth.
ssssmoke
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 10:30:25 AM »

i think its a little more than a hand full at bqmra. the club has to much separation. i would say the bqmra as we have known it is done. good luck to all the good people there and remember mv and moc are holding strong and have usac memberships avaliable to anyone wanting to race competitively, safe, and without turmoil. you act out of line you go home, and probably get some time off!!! also save money on tires. the spec is hoosier a40, and a35 on the right.
deco45
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 01:55:20 PM »

Drive to mini indy and drive in a full class or go to MV or MOC to run in there 2-3 car class.There are kids that only raced 3 times at MV or MOC that got 2Nd there club points.The only way a kid is going competitive is to race a full fied of cars not 2-3.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 05:15:34 PM »

Car counts at all 3 Ohio tracks were low this year so I don’t see how two new local tracks is going to help matters.

As I said before, there is a shortage of quarter midget members, not tracks.  Maybe with the additional publicity and marketing by USAC that will change.

PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 07:53:50 PM »

I don't see many members abandoning Mini-Indy to race at temporary venues around Indianapolis.  Mini-Indy is a heck of a lot of fun for the kids to race and the fairgrounds is a great place to camp out with fellow club members and friends.  Even with all the politics that goes on, the majority of Mini-Indy members enjoy the racing and the atmosphere on race day.

With the economy in the state it is in, and the state of auto racing in general, I can't see USAC building a permanent facility anytime soon.  In my opinion this whole new 'USAC Indy Club' is just an attempt to put pressure on the Mini Indy Club to switch to USAC after this season.

At some point this whole QMA / USAC conflict is going to work its way out.  There will be a lot of anger and hard feelings along the way.  My guess is when all is said and done Mini-Indy will still be the only QM track in Indy.

Phil Heil
Proud Mini Indy Alum
Swartz
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 08:34:24 PM »

Drive to mini indy and drive in a full class or go to MV or MOC to run in there 2-3 car class.There are kids that only raced 3 times at MV or MOC that got 2Nd there club points.The only way a kid is going competitive is to race a full fied of cars not 2-3.

So, which is it? Is it about the kids and a family experience or is it about the competition and proving how good you are?
deco45
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 08:48:18 PM »

Here at Mini Indy the car count is good why,because we don't have the people driving other people out of the sport.The people leave because of the people incharge if it's not fun why do it.
How many people are going to leave this year because there tired of hearing the USAC & QMA thing? It's not were a kid can have fun any more because of the parents.
ALL THEY WANT IS THE NEXT USAC- NASCAR STAR,WE NEED TO JUST LET THEM BE KIDS FOR THE LITTLE TIME THEY ARE.
race4qm
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 08:55:11 PM »

Its no fun for the kids to go to MV or MOC with only 1 or 2 other drivers in their class.  Which was most of the case all last year.  This is not coming from the parents, this is coming from the kids!!  They would rather race with a full field!!
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 08:55:57 PM »

Swartz, It's neither.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: