USAC Racing Forum
March 18, 2024, 11:59:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: QMA LETTERS  (Read 68675 times)
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« on: January 18, 2009, 01:03:27 PM »

I read a letter at the Columbus indoors and so did everybody else including people like Jeff Burton, Dave Blainey, Kenny Wallace and Gary St. Amant that a handler and his sons membership were pulled without due process. This handler has never had a code of conduct and has done a great job for Region 4, so all you QMA members don't say anthing bad about them or you to will recieve yours. Thank Mr. Welsdon for spliting OUR sport more, Maybe all QMA members would like to see all the e-mails and letters that threaten people that don't agree with your way of doing things and let them make their decision for themselves. USAC lets the clubs make decision, so QMA you need to pay close attention and act like adults, our families are doing this for FUN NOT MONEY. I know you read this forum!
qmamom
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 04:08:12 PM »

It was pathetic that Mr. Rankin and his buddies would display this letter they way they did.   This just allowed people like Jeff Burton, Dave Blaney, Kenny Wallace and Gary St. Amant to see how ignorant certain individuals in quarter midget racing really are. Mr. Rankin and certain other individuals wanted to go to USAC so why are they whining now that QMA don’t want them in their organization.   I really don’t understand… They went behind all members backs for a year working a deal with USAC to organize a .25 division then decided to tell members around the September 2008 time frame.   They did succeed in organizing a division within USAC but didn’t‘t succeed in convincing everyone that this was the best choice.  Mr. Rankin and certain other individuals choose to go the USAC route so why are they upset they can’t run QMA? Personally, after all the conniving actions they have done I really don’t see why they or anyone else would want them in their organization. They only person these certain individuals have hurt are the kids!!!!
deco45
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 05:05:02 PM »

They wanted USAC and they got it. Did they post the letter thinking we was going to fill sorry for them i don't. The only people i fill sorry for is there kids but the people can't take the blame for there actions and tell there kids it's QMA falt it's not it's there falt. Let them post the letter on there mirror so they can see who falt it is every morning.
deco45
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 07:32:53 PM »

GMAMOM, can i print this off the forum and put it on some trailers at the next indoors.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 08:08:08 PM »

Lol, wow. Neither of those posts made any sense. Well, not in the traditional way. How can you fault a guy for exposing a wrong doing? Even if you don't feel it was a wrong doing, QMA sent him the letter, and he has the right to show it to whoever he wants.
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 08:52:17 PM »

Look folks, I didn't write this topic to have any body fill sorry for anybody. The whole point is to openly show how QMA is treating people that do alot for them, so if i see this correctly you should only be aloud to run one or the other not both. USAC never told our club that if you join QMA we will pull your charter because we looked at doing duel charters but couldn't afford the Insurance. If parenting has taught us anything, open minded with kids is better than narrowminded and i thought this is a kids sport. I have always tried to put my kids in a good environment in any thing we do, thats why alot of us parent have chosen USAC.
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 11:46:45 PM »

Although I feel that the rest of the kid's racing nation needs to know just what is happening and why, it might be time for everyone just to "cool their jets" and let the ultimate outcome of these actions happen.  I know that this action will not hurt at least one driver and handler at all so we are thankful for that and I myself do not have to grit my teeth wondering what is going to happen next or who is going to say what next.

This is the USAC forum and I really would like to see it get back to that.  Everyone interested in USAC should be following this and those against USAC need to find their own place to be so critical of the people who worked hard, used their equipment, employees etc to improve the racing locations.  And might I add it was not easy for a 74 year old man to work the scales all day long and beg for relief; however, I do not need to worry about that any more either at least with the QMA races.

Hopefully, the schedules will be out and people will know where they are going to race soon and that will get everyone back on the track of our young ones racing wherever.  Good Luck to all.
USACRULES
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 11:55:33 PM »

The person was only tying to make it better for the kids. Run USAC and QMA like he was trying to do! More fun for everyone.The QMA members that helped organize USAC .25 are not trying to shut down QMA they just wanted more options. USAC is giving that! QMA is not! QMA want's a Monopoly. That was shown by the letter the came out that they retracted a few months ago.

September 23, 2008

The QMA National Board would like to make all of our members aware of the current effort by USAC to put together a quarter midget racing program that masks the program already in place by our organization.  The National Board does not support this effort and considers these efforts to be unethical and completely unprofessional.  QMA attempted to work with USAC for eight years and they did not offer any of the support they promised other than serving as a management company.  Now they are soliciting our members with the offer of support and promotion. 

Quarter Midgets of America, which is celebrating their 50th anniversary in 2010, has always been an organization run by members, on behalf of their children, who volunteer their time to promote this sport across the country.  It has always been a member driven organization where each and every member has a voice.  We have a Rule Change Proposal process, as well as a voting process in place that ensures this.  All current rules, procedures, engine platforms, safety procedures, and technical specifications are all based on the input and expertise of our members.  Every member of QMA has a say in how the organization is run.  USAC does not offer this opportunity.  While QMA is a not for profit organization USAC is a profit driven organization. 

As with all organizations not every member will agree with all rules and procedures, but please keep in mind Quarter Midgets of America’s mission statement has been and will continue to be “…to create and maintain a clean, safe, healthy sport, which may be enjoyed by all family members in a close relationship with good sportsmanship toward all”.  Quarter Midget racing is the only sport we promote and our efforts are not diluted by our commitment to other forms of racing.  For fifty years all officers from the national level down to the local level have dedicated themselves to do what is best for our children and to teach them true sportsmanship.

QMA National Board

ssssmoke
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 12:33:11 AM »

its simple, usac is another racing option for .25 families,certain qma people are having a hard time with it for whatever reason and are attacking this situation in a surprisingly inmature manner. why?  personal agendas. its black and white people. usac has membership open for families who want to race. join. race. follow the rules. go home. have fun. its simple.  lets keep it that way, lets not stoop to the level of others, they will take care of thierselves. I AM SSSSMOKE AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE.  via com dios qma!
qmamom
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 01:12:05 AM »

I agree that it is time for everyone to "cool their jets" and let the ultimate outcome of these actions happen. But it’s also time for certain individuals to stop lying too.  I heard so much crap Saturday at the indoors race that it was pitifully, 75% of it was lies!!!  During the day at indoors I had the disadvantage to hear one individual bend someone ear with lies. There was an innocent person that stopped by the stopped at the trailer that posted the over sized foolish letter to read but the individual at the trailer felt the need to proceed to tell the person his interruption of the situations (Kokomo Regional race) that started this problem and what brought on this letter to Mr. Rankin.  Once again, this was one person interruption of what happened.   I was at all the regional races last year and I know that I didn’t agree with most of what this person was stating.   The handful of individuals that started this situation needs to stop.  You are hurting the kids.  Posting the letter at the indoor race just shows that they don’t want things to settle down.  They just keep stirring the pot!!  This was a kid’s event on Saturday, so grow up……My child read the letter then asked me what it was about. I had to explain to my child what certain individuals were trying to do and the stupidity that they are demonstrating.  Once again…. The only person these certain individuals are hurting are the kids!!!!
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 03:12:11 AM »

Yes, I do suppose it's all the individuals fault for posting a letter he had every right to post, and not a bit QMA's fault for being the one that actually did something unethical. It's all fine and dandy though. With there being an alternative, there are two things that can happen. The two can work together. Or they can stay separate with one opposing the other until one goes under. I'd rather see the two work together and have the benefit of extra racing opportunities for all. But if not, that's fine too.
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 07:48:54 PM »

qmamom, this forum is to let people know what is going on in our sport and to help people understand this sport along with problems they may encounter. I have only been in this sport a short time compaired to other but i'm glad that USAC came along because they are going to do whats best for our kids. Look at both rulebooks, that will anwser alot. You call this letter foolish but it's reality, QMA will change the rules to fit them, just look at this year. Maybe the next race somebody will post all the nasty e-mails and letters that QMA has sent out since finding out about USAC. QMA are the ones that need to cool their jets and work together with everybody. This sport is about fun, so lets have fun. May i ask if you plan to run both?
62racefan
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 07:50:30 PM »

my opinion on the whole thing is that the letter said that families membership would not be renewed because of actions detrimental to the gma. and i say when you turn people away who are trying to become members that is detramental to the qma so whoever had anything to do with the letters being sent ,written,or any involvment at all should get the same letters it will be easy for them since they made them up.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 09:01:52 PM »

I totally agree with the last two posts. I just don't see why they won't allow everyone to race both series. I know, as an owner, it would be very beneficial to QMA and USAC for us to run both series. Since USAC has become a sanctioning body, sponsors have practically lined up to help us go racing. The reasons varying from companies who like the integration of the .25 division with some of the other series' big races to USAC car owners and former owners who feel it prudent to kick money to us .25 teams to go racing.

Now the way it looks, we're going to be able to field four or five cars for all the big events next season. Now I don't have any kids of my own yet, and the drivers we are going to provide cars for are from several different families. This means each family will have it's own USAC and QMA membership.

With the current actions QMA is taken, we've decided to run the USAC schedule exclusively. So there is three or four QMA memberships out the window. I can only imagine how many other families won't go QMA racing now that otherwise would have.
twofastanditshows
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 04:12:48 PM »

I really don’t understand… They went behind all members backs for a year working a deal with USAC to organize a .25 division then decided to tell members around the September 2008 time frame.   They did succeed in organizing a division within USAC but didn’t‘t succeed in convincing everyone that this was the best choice.  Mr. Rankin and certain other individuals choose to go the USAC route so why are they upset they can’t run QMA? Personally, after all the conniving actions they have done I really don’t see why they or anyone else would want them in their organization. They only person these certain individuals have hurt are the kids!!!!
September[/b] 2008?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: