USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:07:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: tire treatment at indoors  (Read 117563 times)
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2009, 10:55:07 PM »

Did anybody see any tire checking going on this weekend? Looking back at the last two weekends that we raced, there were a couple of cars this weekend that weren't there the week before in the Sr. Stock. Huh
ssssmoke
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2009, 09:24:44 AM »

i didnt see the sniffer one time, which im not so sure it works indoor anyhow, i dont know if they swabbed or not.
Mrneg
Rookie

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2009, 11:38:31 AM »

In tech after the race I mentioned to the tech guy that I thought someone was probably treating tires because your hands would turn black after touching tires when they come off the track. Don't know any specifics but he said that they had caught a couple with treated tires this weekend.
ssssmoke
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2009, 03:32:33 PM »

if thats the case,im ready to see what punishment is handed out. i say see you next year!
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2009, 04:37:11 PM »

Maybe Mr. Bear was there last night to make-up to Buckeye because of the fuel controversy in Sr. Stock since he had a car in that class and i also believe he's had a problem before with fuel. :'(
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2009, 05:09:14 PM »

Is the competition that stiff or the reward that great that one would need to cheat to win?  I just don’t see how one can accept victory knowing that they could not do it without cheating?

What would the kids think of their parents should they find out, especially if it were by them being DQ’d?

I always preach “Do it honest and do it clean”.  I would much rather settle for 2nd or 3rd being honest than having to cheat to get 1st. 

Just think about what thats teaching your kids.

grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2009, 06:23:48 PM »

Scott,  You just can't preach morals to a snake.  The name of the game is get your prey any way you can.  In this society it is unfortunate but there are many individuals who want to win no matter what.  I guess we just teach our young people that this is life, stand up for what you believe in and go on from there.  Then we do not have to worry about our young people being the puppets of some puppeteer' later in their lives.

I agree sooner or later things will work out.
MOC96
Rookie

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2009, 06:44:11 PM »

Scott, you hit it right there, "What would the kids think of their parents should they find out". I'm guessing that a lot of kids know about the cheating their Dads do.

In QM racing, we have a unique opportunity to teach our kids life lessons rather than leaving it to other coaches, teachers etc..i think that is why we see more humility in the pro race series. football, basketball. baseball..guys getting arrested, gambling, bragging, cockiness, wrecking their lives because they had no real mentor. you just don't see that in racing. Dale jr. would get knocked on his butt by his Dad if he tried that stuff.

I just think that when we push our kids onto the track, they are getting alot more than a trophy.
ssssmoke
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2009, 07:08:24 PM »

we have been in every a main at the indoors with a legal race car. i think they are afraid of getting beat by a poor hillbilly. some kids can drive, some hasnt had that experience yet. so think about who you are cheating!!!
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2009, 08:08:27 PM »

Hey guys, parents don't understand that kids pay very close attention to what we do and say, so we are their role models so that why we have to blame the parents when kids do wrong. That the problem with this country today, very lenient or no punishment today for wrongdoing. This is the age where parents instill right for wrong i thought!!!
ssssmoke
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2009, 04:22:57 PM »

well tire doping will be down since the mini boys are boycotting the last indoor races!! (not intended to all)
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2009, 04:34:17 PM »

Their loss your gain!
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2009, 04:39:14 PM »

They have kool-aid drinkers in that club too? :'(
ssssmoke
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2009, 09:15:33 AM »

kool aid or goat p
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2009, 10:17:48 AM »

Is anybody going to the hockey game today?Saw that USAc going to have a display and also know buckey is also.Thinking about going.
     Saw alot of that goat p at the springfield swap meeting.Just what I wanted to smell roasted peanuts and tire treatments.Now wonder I got a headache.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: