USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 12:47:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mac-O-Chee  (Read 5423 times)
lizc456
Rookie

« on: May 22, 2011, 08:06:46 PM »

My son, Kyle, is a former quarter midget racer.  We were at Mac-O-Chee this weekend to watch the races and visit with old friends.  Kyle turns 16 this Wednesday.  He and his dad have spent the last several months working very hard on a silver 2000 Mustang to get it ready for Kyle to drive.  We took that Mustang to the track today.  When we were getting ready to leave this afternoon, Kyle walked up to the car that he has put so much money and effort into, and found the left front fender completely trashed.  It appears that someone pulling out hit the car with their trailer.  As bad as the damage is, whoever you are, you KNOW you hit it.  In our experience with quarter midgets, we have met some wonderful people.  Unfortunately, we have also been exposed to people with NO concept of basic human decency.  So, whoever you are, where ever you are, thank you for hitting our car, not bothering to tell a soul about it, and running away like cowards.  You made our day.

The trailer in question was parked behind either the Shroyers or the Mullets.  If anyone has information on who was parked in that area, please let me know. 

Thank you,
Liz Compton

Liz Compton
BQMRA
REOMotorsports
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 11:05:49 AM »

Liz,

I was in the orange trailer and gray Dodge truck close to where your son's Mustang was parked. I did not see anything and cannot remember any trailers leaving around the approximate time this may have happened. I am very sorry for your son as I am sure this was an extremely unpleasant experience. For what it is worth, I think his car looks great, I remember watching it pull in and thinking "nice Mustang" and I am not much of a Ford guy.

I wish I could help.

Richard Osborne 
lizc456
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:26:05 AM »

Thanks, Richard.  I thought the poor kid was going to throw up when he saw it.  We've gotten some good leads - I think we have it narrowed down to one of three trailers.

Liz Compton
BQMRA
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: