USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:24:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you from the Nigh's  (Read 4484 times)
TQ97
Veteran

« on: May 23, 2011, 10:29:42 AM »

Kathy, Austin, and I wanted to thank everyone who helped us at this weekends USAC Gen Next race at Mac O Chee.  As some know, we are in the midst of battling Kathy's breast cancer and there are some people who made this weekend very easy on us that we wish to publicly acknowledge.  Both the Mcpherson and Pelfrey families for our parking spot and making sure Kathy had an easy weekend by being able to watch the races without even getting out of the rv.  Thanks to Rhonda and Chad Barr for notifying the club about our needs, and a very very special thank you to Ryan Barr and Logan Pelfrey.  Saturday night after the races, these young men on their own doing, walked around collecting money in Ryan's cowboy hat as a donation for us.  When they came up to me Saturday night and said, "Mr. Nigh, here's some money to help you out"...I was absolutely speechless.  And they did it again on Sunday morning at the handlers meeting, and ended up raising over $300.  We are very touched by the generosity and support of our racing family and thank you all very much.  The Good Lord has blessed our family in many ways, and therefore we will be passing the donations on to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation in honor the Mac O Chee club.  We thank all of you for your support and friendship and look forward to our next visit to Mac O Chee! 

A.J. Nigh

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:40:26 AM by TQ97 » Logged
SAKMotorsports
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 11:01:29 AM »

Now this is what the sport is suppose to be about....Way to go Mac-O-Chee club, and a big shout out to the children for coming up with such a great idea and helping out with a families needs, what a true blessing to all involved with this great act of kindness.
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 05:25:54 PM »

AJ, Kathy, and Austin. There is truly no need for a Thank you, you are our friends and family.  I two was speechless when Ryan told me what he and Logan did. We are just glad the Kathy is kicking butt, and hope she is back in full swing soon!!! Hope to see you guys again soon!!!
 Chad, Rhonda, and Ryan Barr
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: