USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:25:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Kids Banquets  (Read 30425 times)
Kim
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »

Okay everyone - I need to defend the banquet speaker.  I prepared a spreadsheet of Region 4 series driver accomplishments - how many lower main wins, A main wins, fast times, and A main appearances.  I also printed out the Grands accomplishments for Mark from the web site, however, I didn't organize the Grands accomplishments per driver.  I think that is where the problem was.  I didn't know that Mark wanted to acknowledge each driver's Grands accomplishments when giving their R4 information.  I assumed that the Grands accomplishments would be given separately.  So, it really wasn't Mark's fault for the disorganization.

It is difficult to gather up information on everyone and it is easy to overlook people.  I'm sure it wasn't intentional.  There were a lot of drivers to recognize.

Kim Mathias
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 03:55:47 PM »

If I am going to present information in front of many families, friends and drivers, you can bet your butt I am going to make sure the information is organized and accurate.  I will not fumble through pages during the banquet questioning as I went along.

It was apparent that the information was not reviewed or rehearsed prior to the banquet.  This wasn’t just a handlers meeting at the track, it was an annual banquet at a very nice facility to conclude an entire regional series that people invested a lot of time and money in and traveled to attend, a little preparation and accuracy isn’t asking for much.

As for it “being difficult to gather up information on everyone”, that may be true but when you have 3-4 drivers and 4-6 cars attending regional’s throughout the year, that should account for something and the drivers like others should be acknowledged just like everyone else.  The grand’s information was readily available right from the Region 4 website's home page, right between all the other drivers that didn’t get missed???

I guess valuable time was spent on other issues instead.

There was also no mention of the 3 driver profiles that did not make the program?

goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 03:58:07 PM »

The nachos were much better than the buffet and just about as good as the icing…  LOL

Kim
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 04:23:42 PM »

Scott

I gave the R4 information to the speaker in the morning.  I did not have it ready prior to the banquet due to other commitments.  Yes, the Grands information has been on the website.  As far as the profiles not making into the program - I don't know.  If they were turned in by the deadline I don't know why they weren't there.  Again - it wasn't intentional.  I guess next year, we will know to come to you for assistance so that we can try to avoid missing drivers in the future. 

Kim
Swartz
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 04:30:31 PM »

Scott,
Who did you give your information to?
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 05:36:30 PM »

As for the profiles, I followed the instructions that were given and turned the forms and pictures sometime mid October.  Doesn’t matter now, it’s too late to correct and their scrapbooks will just not have their profiles listed in it as they should have been, it’s my kids loss now.  I just thought that having the banquet in March provided enough time to prepare, maybe we should consider May next year?

It’s just a shame that so much time and energy can be spent on, well, “other things” that they shouldn’t be instead of the things that are really important, the kids.

Next year should be much easier to keep up with in Region4 so my help shouldn’t be needed.  However, I would be more than happy to provide a spreadsheet to help with organization and being consistent, just let me know who to send it to.

And no, our 4 cars will not be in attendance in the Region4 series, Have Fun and Good Luck!

ssssmoke
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 09:02:38 PM »

m.w. was to busy trying to kick good people out of qma and threatning people to step down from thier own club. now look at reg. 4. no one can blame usac for the reg 4 fall out they can point the finger in the mirror. the way i see it scott qma loss usac gain. ( im assuming your racing usac) another classy racing family going usac.
brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 09:45:59 PM »

I gave up on R4 when I saw the dirt grands results and Zach was left off of it.  I guess being a member at Kokomo and registering as such at Grands does not count.  We did run the States Race in R5 because gas was so expensive then and it was a lot closer for us but that should not have mattered.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 10:12:39 PM »

Yes ssssmoke, we joined both QMA and USAC this year but since our club and the majority of our region is no longer QMA,  it looks like USAC is where we will be racing all year.  We were planning on running the Dirt Grand’s as well but that would cost me $280.00 extra because I would need to replace the belts in all 4 cars because they expired Feb 2009 (the 2 year rule).  So Ill just buy some extra tires and just race a few extra USAC races (maybe the wife and I in Sr. Half) because I don’t think its worth the extra money to replace all of our belts for one race.

I feel comfortable with our decisions based on the stance that the organization and region have taken in the last 6 months.  God forbid .25 doesn’t survive because if it doesn’t we will just sell everything and move onto another form of racing before being associated with such behavior.

I believe in doing things for the right reason, not because of who you know, who someone is or who it will benefit personally.  I also don’t have a problem with people that have a different opinion or vote differently than I do, that’s their choice just like I have mine, and it shouldn’t have an effect on relationships.  I have many who I consider friends, many of which cannot stand others that I associate with.  But you know, their problems with you or your problems with them has nothing to do with me and our relationship.  That’s where a lot of friendships have been strained or lost recently and everyone needs to just grow up and act their ages.

I am just looking forward to a lot of good, clean, fun racing this year and spending time with my family at the track, that’s what it’s all about!!!

grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 10:16:39 PM »

As disappointing as it is Scott, it cannot be changed at this point.  But maybe I can help out with the boy's scrapbooks as I always have my camera with me and will gladly take some pictures of them both off and on the track.  Now I have to warn you I am still trying to get the camera right for the car in movement.  Like usual the camera is smarter than I.  I will certainly try.

Tell the boys to stay on the track on green especially my little buddie.  See you the first weekend in April.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 10:23:01 PM »

True, hopefully a lesson is learned to prevent others from not being acknowledged or listed in the future.

The boys will be fine and will survive, unlike other things.

LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 07:46:47 AM »

Kim, I wish you would not blame yourself.You gave that same spreadsheat for the buckeye banq. and I couldn't thank you enough.But I also made my self a cheat sheat on how I was going to do the banq. and as you and alot of people know I am not a good speaker.I don't think I did to bad. The point I'm trying to make you do/did alot for QMA and reg 4. M.W. has done nothing but bury hiself.If he wouldn't worry about trying to control everybody and do what he was elect to do this might have not turned out so bad.So don't blame your self he is the dumb a..     
ssssmoke
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2009, 01:57:03 PM »

scott, glad to see your in usac. it makes me angry they would do that but your right "drive on" still alot of good racin to come in the near future in this new era of .25. 
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: