March 29, 2024, 01:55:09 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Running Costs  (Read 10434 times)
snoonan
Rookie

« on: April 02, 2011, 10:04:54 AM »

I am looking into getting involved with the ford focus midget series in the Midwest but am curious about the running costs for one of these cars. How often and how many tires are most people go through per weekend to be competitive on the asphalt as well as the dirt. Looking through some of the different threads on here i seems like the dirt tire last pretty well but how about the asphalt tire? My biggest fear is getting a car and figuring out that although the start up costs are not too bad the running costs are astronomical. Thanks for any help
Eric C
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 10:39:51 PM »

We have run the series for three years and when we would  run close to home you could expect to spend about $500.00 per race, if you do not tear anything up, We would normally put three new tires on for every race but there are some tracks that are less abrasive on tires and you may be able to get away with only a new right rear, but as you driver becomes competitive you will find yourself putting on three new ones, the $500.00 usually included tires, sign ins, pit passes, a tank of gas for the hauler (last years prices) and fuel for the car, of course if you are traveling out of state these costs will go up drastically, but as far as the Focus cars go they really are "Bullet Proof" the motors do not wear out, some will try to tell you different but they don't as long as you take care of them, don't over rev them and take care of the fuel system.

Hope this Helps,

Eric Cottongim
idhale
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 01:12:50 AM »

i agree weve run a few seasons and its even less on dirt, frt's and lft r last and a rr a few races at least, great motors and reliability with proper maintenance, got a fresh built ellis focus if interested,
good luck
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: