USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:19:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hearing Loss - Ear Molds - Columbus Indoor  (Read 16704 times)
Griffin Brown Racing
Feature Winner

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 09:03:54 AM »

Griffin also has a set,very good quality,fit perfect!!!
You may ask Griffin also, what he thinks!!!

Scott Brown

--------------------sponsors----------------------------------
Baker Racing Engines
Orr Motorsports (for all your motorsports needs)
Klotz Lubricants
Covington Coney's
Moore @ Associates
Brute Power Pipes ---www.brutepipes.com
One Stop Auto
Whitley Welding & Fabricating
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 11:00:58 AM »

Just a note to remind everyone that Dawn from Ear Everything will be at the Columbus Indoor event this Saturday. She will be available right after the handlers meeting and stay as long as necessary to meet with everyone.

She will be taking impressions for ear molds.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
earsaver
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 08:30:02 PM »

Hello everyone!  I wanted to address some of the comments and also make sure I thank the people that choose earEVERYTHING.  It is because of you I can continue to do what i do, and it is what I love.

My mission with my business is to educate people involved in racing about their hearing, how it works, how it breaks down...as well as, the products available to make a difference in the conservation effort for your kids.  I am a lic and American Speech and hearing association certified audiologist.  I am the audiologist for the indycar series and the ALMS and supporting series, Ive made ears for NASCAR, NHRA, IndyCar, ALMS, ASA miswest tour late models, sprints, midgets, and QMA.  Another part of my business is in ear monitors for musicians on stage.  Here Ive had the chance to work with Prince, dave Matthews band, and many more.

If we can make an earphone that goes deep enough into the ear canal and fit well with the ear we can offer a SEAL.  the seal is what helps the kids turn the race-ceivers down and protect their ears from the noise of the car.

I recognize there are other choices and everyone has a budget.  I have worked hard with a lab to make a durable and REPAIRABLE earset.  I WANT IT TO LAST.

The strain relief is superior.  the lab MOLDS THE WIRES BACK INTO THE MOLD.  So unlike your radio guy industry standard where there is only strain relief on the wire to the speaker, I have added strain relief for the wire within the mold.  The material is a soft silicone.  The molds are available in colors.  I find the kids love to choose the colors, makes them the a part of the process.  The cords are not a braided wires to a plastic injection molded connector.  I use a silicone coated cord available in blue, red, or black and ANY LENGTH YOU TELL ME!! You are not stuck with only 19" or 36". 

Do it yourself mold kits are a joke to me.  you need to get to the second bend of the ear canal for an adequate seal.  Even the radio guy doesnt always get deep enough to make that seal.

As far as growing kids, yes the seal needs to be good all the time.  As they grow, they will shoot up in big 1/4" jumps, but their ears will only distort slightly.  I can add a silicone coating to build up the canal portion to maintain the seal for as long as possible.

There is a repair warranty of three months offered with the product.  Repairs are a flat rate for one ear $59, and both ears are $89, and it goes back into warranty. EVERYTHING gets fixed for that pricing. So yes, more expensive to begin with but if you have to replace a set during or for the next season you have already spent MORE.  You cant repair the standard radio guy earpiece, mostly due to the way they insert the speakers and pack it with silicone and the plastic injection molded connector will not allow you to fix one side only.

We CAN change the pattern that hearing loss accepted as a byproduct of motorsport.  We CAN help our kids and the next generation of racers understand they can choose better ear pieces both in the car and out (ipod)

I look forward to meeting with parents and kids this saturday in Columbus.  I will drive over in the morning and arrive around 9-915 like last time.  If you are interested but not sure, please come by and chat with me.  I also offer to take the ear impression without you purchasing that day.  I need the ear impression to ultimately do the work so I take a chance, get it and then I am able to do the work with a phone call.  I will honor the discount I gave the group last time, retail is $240, but I take $15 off because of the great response Ive gotten.

Thank you to all the folks who said how much they enjoy their earsets. 
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: