USAC Racing Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:22:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Light world formula  (Read 9257 times)
goneracin
Rookie

« on: December 06, 2008, 10:06:37 AM »

Didnt see a rule about restricting the light world formula class. Maybe I overlooked it but I do think that they need one to stay close to the same speed as the heavys. Those things might be out of control fast at 270.
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 11:23:34 AM »

I haven't had a chance to review the new book completely, but I don't think there is/will be a plate. Additionally, it is my understanding that a believe it or not a plate is not required. According to the Briggs folks the lighter weights make it so the cars do not handle or hook-up as good with all of that power thus the kids are having to lift earlier, etc which in turn makes the overall speed and lap times slower than the heavier class. I knows it seems a bit hard to believe, but apparently the Briggs folks have been testing this prior and that is the result.

Stay tuned for more info as I believe there will be more testing going on regarding this topic in the near future.

Quarter Midgets: It's Racin'. Kid Style.

Tony Crandall
BQMRA Indoor Rookie Director
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 11:31:47 AM »

We have Lt and Heavy 160,B and AA without plates, with kid the same age.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 09:07:47 PM »

Every class has younger lighter drivers going faster than the older heavier drivers, does any of that make sense?

Guess the WF lap times will definitely be faster than Light A, after all, they were already soooo close even being 15lbs heavier, and for a fraction of the cost, maintenance etc.

Swartz
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 01:33:53 PM »

Scott,
Somthing I did not know untill we got our Coast to Coast the other day. We got fast time in WF at the Dirt Grands this year and it was the fastest of all the classes. We beat the B's and A's. Matched the track record I think but didn't beat it. Our Hvy. A was actualy about .5 faster than our WF but it broke on the last warm up lap. Dang #$^&$ A motor. Looking forward to next year but I think my driver wants better pay.
Myron
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 01:45:45 PM »

Yup, now minus 15lbs and see what it can do compared to the Hvy A class, or in my case, minus the 70lbs and compare to the Lt A class!  I will tell you, they have quite the acceleration running at 270lbs.  I sometimes wonder if the additional weight was to keep them slower than the Deco's so they didn’t phase them out as fast, just didn’t add enough weight though... lol

1800 initial purchase price
NO Maintenance other than oil changes all year

Now that’s my kind of "Race Engine" and budget!

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: