USAC Racing Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:45:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: indoors  (Read 18050 times)
animalman
Rookie

« on: February 12, 2011, 04:09:08 PM »

I have been to the last 2 indoor races as a spectator not a racer. The "judging" procedures they have in place now are.... well.  Like a vacuum cleaner. In all my years of coming here I have never seen some much bias calling . If they are trying to make it better racing , they have been drinking the wrong kool-aid. The person making these calls either has an agenda or just does not know the rules.
dwc2790
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 09:32:06 PM »

You can't possibly be referring to the COLUMBUS indoor.  The race director at the Columbus indoor knows the rules better than most, primarily because he had a hand in making most of them.  In addition, he is one of the most non-biased people you can find.  I have been to all of the indoor races this year, and I can tell you there has been much less on-track drama, simply because of the consistency in handling on-track incidents.  If you have issue with, or did not understand any of the calls, why don't you try asking questions rather than publicly slam the people who spend the entire day on their feet so that kids can race. 
Kendall42
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 10:42:39 PM »

Wow, isn't Rankine race directing? I was not there, but I know Eric would not judge unfairly.  Also, if anyone knows the rules best it is Eric.  Likely someone watching as a spectator does not understand the rules and is therefore judging someone who does know the rules.  If you have been going for years and watching, you have to understand the USAC format is being used (even though this was not a USAC event) and strikes are involved for those involved in incidents.  No more chopping and charging judgement calls.  If you are involved, you get a strike and go to the tail, easy as that.
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 11:34:50 PM »

"animalman" is what is referd to as a "troll". They show up anonymously and use deceptive, devicive language to disrupt or get negative responses to make an example of what is wrong with "you".
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 11:59:48 PM »

I have been to the last 2 indoor races as a spectator not a racer. The "judging" procedures they have in place now are.... well.  Like a vacuum cleaner. In all my years of coming here I have never seen some much bias calling . If they are trying to make it better racing , they have been drinking the wrong kool-aid. The person making these calls either has an agenda or just does not know the rules.

Offset
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 12:02:08 AM »

Aniamlman:
Do you have concerns with the judging procedure or the people judging?  Specifically what rules were broken and not enforced or enforced without warrant?

badnews69
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 10:11:23 AM »

yes you do get some ''WTF'' call's, we had one yesterday  Roll Eyes
ggray
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 10:58:06 AM »

Are we still hung up on "calls"?  There is one "call" in USAC .25, rough driving. Was a rough driving missed? We have been "taken out" by other drivers, but we still went to the tail.
ssssmoke
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 11:10:44 AM »

i say keep it to one call. if the leader gets caught up with a car 5 laps down too bad. if you are involved you go to the back. thats what we have all grown accustomed to. rough driving is obvious and should be a call. just saying
wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 04:12:29 PM »

Probably everyone on the track has had a strike placed on them at some point that you didn't agree with but I would say that you have probably gotten away with something that you should've got a strike for at some point too. You just gotta take the good with the bad and go on. If you have ever been a race director before, you would understand. Normally the one's always complaining have never put themselves in that spot. All of us, including Eric, are human! If you have the faster car, you will get the spots back. Quit complainiing and race!
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 11:19:29 PM »

Probably everyone on the track has had a strike placed on them at some point that you didn't agree with but I would say that you have probably gotten away with something that you should've got a strike for at some point too. You just gotta take the good with the bad and go on. If you have ever been a race director before, you would understand. Normally the one's always complaining have never put themselves in that spot. All of us, including Eric, are human! If you have the faster car, you will get the spots back. Quit complainiing and race!

Exactly, it all usually balances out in the end. Sometimes you get a break, sometimes you don't. It happens to everyone.

I true bad call would be when a driver who is blind in his left eye gets black flagged for looking back and blocking, when being blind in that eye makes it impossible for him to see anything more than someone with two eyes would see out of their peripheral, and definately not enough to see a car who was behind them. Race director fully aware of this situation.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:21:36 PM by RBurns17 » Logged
Karnes29
Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 02:03:27 PM »

Could someone tell me what charging is in this sport?
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 04:13:13 PM »

Going to the parts trailer without your wallet.
Karnes29
Veteran

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 07:40:23 PM »

Hey everybody, Ron White is in the house. Lol
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 11:49:55 AM »

Well, anyway............ Charging was when the car on the inside would beat dents into the left side of the car on the outside. Chopping was when the car on the outside beats dents into the right hand side of the car on the inside. Neither meant anything unless someone stopped on the track and then, in the opinion of the judges, there would be a decision on which one just happend.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: