USAC Racing Forum
March 18, 2024, 11:08:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wild Animal  (Read 5942 times)
Swartz
Feature Winner

« on: February 07, 2011, 11:37:43 AM »

What {or who) is a "wild animal'? Been away for a while. Just asing.
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:50:25 AM »

Swartz....you need to go to the QMA forum to find out that information. Oh wait...you cant get on there website.  LOL

I have heard that that is a QMA version of the Briggs Animal Unrestricted. They are saying that it will replace LT160.  ---> I am no expert on the subject but it will be way to fast for LT160 if it is unrestricted.

They sure did an about face on the engine platform. Rich Tisone tells everyone not to get excited that Honda has their back and that Honda was going to have a BIG announcement at the National Meeting. Then out of the clear blue they have a complete Briggs Animal platform with classes, ages and weights.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 12:10:42 PM »

I was scratching my head over the Honda "kit" package untill the Honda rep said..."The engine builders take them apart anyway, don't they?"
Walker23
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 01:32:54 PM »

I have to give them credit for really taking a hard look at what is best for the sport in the long run and not for the benifit of a few. The change will not please everryone who currently participates but the change made should not affect many at all if you look at the schedule of implementation.

The weights are a bit off of what I would expect but are only compared to their current Honda Model......

Kris Walker
Brian Johnson
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 03:29:55 PM »

Congratulations to you Eric and Steve Baker for seeing the future of Quarter Midget racing. You told me Usac and Briggs will save Quarter Midget racing as we know it, and we have to leave Quarter Midget racing better than we found it. Seeing this come together over three years is simply amazing to me. I can't wait to get my grandson started next spring.         Larry
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: