USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 01:21:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Club bylaws and QMA!!! WARNING!!!  (Read 24262 times)
magjagmotorsports
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 10:33:17 PM »

If the club does not own their track, the possibility exists that they could lose their track for numerous reasons. In todays world and economic environment that chance has increased for most of us. The club is still an entity on its own and neither QMA or USAC has any control over how the club is operated. The clubs are, in their simplest form, a business (whether for profit or not) that registers with the state they are in. They create their own by-laws to operate in that state and if you are for non-profit there are guidelines that must be followed for tax purposes as well. Why you would ever agree to let someone other than club members create your by-laws and determine how your club operates is beyond me. That however, does not mean you will have the power to keep your track if your property owner is not on the same page as you.
What everyone seems to forget is that for almost 50 years there was only QMA to sanction under. Now USAC offers another, and better in my opinion (10+ yrs in the sport), choice. The club can choose which they want to be associated with. If your track owner has a different opinion they most likely have the last word, unless your lease agreement is worded in such a way the owner can't do that. Common sense says a track, or club, should be able to run under both banners just like alot of the local tracks do. They run numerous shows under different sactioning bodies. It really is only an insurance issue. It should be a track owner and/or club decision and should not be mandated by the sanctioning body. The club, and tracks in most cases, were built by club members and not by the sanctioning body whether QMA or USAC.

Daren Garmenn
NWOQMRA
clouse55
Feature Winner

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 10:47:48 PM »

Well Brad as I can tell your post has nothing to do with the by-law discussion but I'm gonna entertain your question but from a little different direction.
  Nobody needs to be a rocket scientist to figure out there would have to be much bigger other problems for a property owner to show up and for this to happen. Key word here is PROPERTY OWNER!!
 What if you went to race at that facility one day and all the asphalt and related items were in a great big giant pile with a dozer sitting next to it because the property owner is fed up with putting up with the B.S. and is done with it?? Don't ever think this wont happen somewhere, cause its gonna.

Brad
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 11:55:49 PM »

Oh, sorry for violating the topic. Let me get back on topic. I actually completely agree that the club should be in charge of their bylaws and that a sanctioning body should not dictate to them what they should or should not include.
BARRY LANDAU
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 03:10:13 PM »

Brad.....With respect to your commit on Feb 14th if I may, if a Club does not own the track then they should have a lease in place with the owner. If the Club has a lease in place and it is properly worded in the lease then the owner of the track should have NO rights what so ever to say anything dealing with regards to a switch of the sanctioning body that would govern the racing. I have been in commercial real estate for 21 years and this is a fact.

Barry Landau
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 10:33:36 AM »

What does the sanction have to do with racing?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: