USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:17:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: QMA - they are at it again  (Read 62251 times)
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 10:43:08 PM »

Nigh,    Yes..... although this is tough on some of the families and their kids I have been told some will be posting the latest round of letters from the QMA National Board. It has been an ongoing practice of QMA. Many of the people cower to the threats from the board and say nothing. SAD

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
CPG Racing
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 12:04:03 AM »

Here is my letter that I received this week from QMA (2 links: 1 for each page). I am the President at Little T and looking forward to running under USAC this season.  With this letter, QMA kicked out a 6 & 7 yr old...so much for Racing for The Kids!
-Dale Gross

http://www.midwestthunder.org/QMA_Letter_p1.jpg

http://www.midwestthunder.org/QMA_Letter_p2.jpg

RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 04:03:11 AM »

It wouldn't be the offseason if there wasn't a major mess up by QMA. It seems to be fast becoming a tradition.
Kendall42
Veteran

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 09:11:47 AM »

Wow! That last paragraph of the letter got me!

"membership in QMA is a privaledge not a right and should never be taken for granted"

Are you freakin kidding me? Arrogance will be the death of QMA.  It is a right if you pay your money just like everyone else does and it is a free country to speak your mind.

It is sad when little people with a complex get into a position of power and try to throw their weight around.
Karnes29
Veteran

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 10:06:28 AM »

After reading that, All i can say is Thank God For USAC!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:56:19 PM by Karnes29 » Logged
racedude
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 10:44:00 AM »

I thought this was a USAC website, why all the QMA don't they have a webxite of their own?
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 11:09:48 AM »

QMA does have a forum, BUT.... you have to be a "member in good standing" and aproved by the powers that be to participate. Even openly discussing these letters would get you thrown out of QMA.
ogracing
Rookie

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 12:00:16 PM »

qma is already done they just dont know it yet very sad but they did it to themselves
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 10:55:33 PM »

"membership in QMA is a privilege not a right and should never be taken for granted"

I think this is the best thing about USAC.  Whenever I have called or spoken to James, Kevin, Jason or anyone else at USAC they made me feel like they felt privileged I chose to be a part of their organization.  That is what keeps people coming back!

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Kendall42
Veteran

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 12:59:48 AM »

USAC gets it!  You are right...the racers make the show..they spend the money to make the show.  USAC does a great job and make the racers feel welcome and understand if they did not have the racers, they have no show.  They also listen to the racers!  They may not always respond so nicely...right James?  But they listen anyway. 

Sorry...just have to poke fun at James...think I kinda got on his nerves last year.  Never one to bite my tongue.  But have to give credit where credit is due...James and USAC do a great job...we have enjoyed QM racing more since joining USAC then ever before!  That is why even with Austin turning 16...we do not want to move on...having too much fun in USAC .25!  Wish we could start over again!
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 11:10:01 PM »

I have to applaud what QMA is doing with the engines going forward!  Hopefully they don't come out with some crazy rules package that makes it so we can't run our same engines we already have.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 11:53:19 AM »

Streitas20,  you know that they will do that just to make it difficult for the QMA people to run USAC events. It is the SOP of that organization.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 10:44:11 PM »

Good guess Eric...

From the QMA site:
Why won't QMA allow the "decking" of the Animal Engines like another organization?
Expense - Right now a member can purchase an Animal engine and gearbox, put the gear box on and go racing without paying an engine builder to machine the head.  The new "M" series animal will have the Tech specifications controlled without the additional expense.

My thoughts on it:
So basically they are going to go the same way they did with the Honda engines and reward the people who can go out and buy 20 engines and take them apart and have every part measured and weighed and then build one top notch engine out of it all.  Instead of allowing the decking so everyone spends an extra $200 and is at the same specs.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
crew chief
Veteran

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2011, 10:21:42 AM »

As far as I know the m series animal come decked from briggs so all you need to do is bolt on a gear box and go race
pokesalad
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 11:02:53 AM »

Well to me it looks like its a win for usac on the animal. If you are a qma member with an animal , you can run usac but not vise versa
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: