USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:18:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: QMA vs NASCAR  (Read 8627 times)
streihawk8
Rookie

« on: February 04, 2011, 10:43:41 AM »

Tokenee,
I heard, not confirmed but does make sense, that the North Penn Gun Club  which has ties to NASCAR has persuaded, forced, mandated, required, advised (sorry but I don’t know what word to use) that Oaklane must become a NASCAR track also.

This is a concern I have with NASCAR that they have never really built a QM track or club, just acquired them and what ultimately happens with all the NASCAR clubs if this experiment does not work. Will NASCAR keep .2500 if they are spending over $250,000 a year for officials and losing money?

Can someone from Oaklane confirm if they had any say in this change or not? Was there a vote or did track owner just say they must become NASCAR?

I’m sorry if the great folks at Oaklane are forced by NASCAR and a property owner to change from QMA to NASCAR without a vote. Maybe this tells us something about NASCAR and what they are willing to do. I said maybe because I still do not know the entire story but can’t wait to hear more.

Thanks, so you are saying North Penn Gun Club looked to NASCAR and for some reason they do not want Oaklane to be QMA anymore? If that is the case you are right that the club can go NASCAR or find another track.

I wonder why a track owner would care about whom the club sanctioning body is, I wonder what benefit the track owner would have from this change.
 Please keep us posted and anyone else who knows whets going on.

I apologize if my statements were incorrect about NASCAR approaching the Oaklane track owner, just trying to find out what happened in Pa.
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 07:40:04 PM »

That is very funny !!  Do you think he gets it?  Really?

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
Toeknee
Veteran

That's My Boy!

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:23:49 PM »

Of course I get it and find it surprisingly creative. I also appreciate the sincere concern for Oaklane, but we will be fine as we are half way through a 99 year lease with our track owners. So in our case, only Oaklane QMRC can determine our sanctioning body with a vote. It can not be changed by a splinter group and track owner.

BTW, again I apologize if I assumed USAC had anything to do with the change before they were approached by the splinter group and Thompson track owner. I have nothing against USAC, its members or clubs and hope one day QMA & USAC can figure out a way to play together for the future of the sport.

Tony Lofton
Driver: Bubba #5
Lofton Family Racin'
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 09:23:10 AM »

No, doesn't get it.
Slip-Tube
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 06:31:20 PM »

That's funny stuff right there!   Cheesy
Pages: [1]