USAC Racing Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:18:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Columbus Indoor??????  (Read 13257 times)
Griffin Brown Racing
Feature Winner

« on: January 31, 2011, 10:52:50 AM »

None of our group had a headache for the first races,but after this past weekend we had a horrible headache,just wondered if anyone else experienced this?
Do you think it is carbon monoxide or what,why this weekend?

Scott Brown

--------------------sponsors----------------------------------
Baker Racing Engines
Orr Motorsports (for all your motorsports needs)
Klotz Lubricants
Covington Coney's
Moore @ Associates
Brute Power Pipes ---www.brutepipes.com
One Stop Auto
Whitley Welding & Fabricating
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 12:59:24 PM »

Scott,   That is pretty typical of the indoor events. I have heard of some people taking some medication early in the day and that it helps for the next day. I agree that some days seem like they are better than others. I think it is a good idea to go outside and get some fresh air from time to time.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
JP3Racing
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 01:43:58 PM »

I have talked to a couple people this morning who have said the same thing.  I have always felt a little rough the next day, but this time I felt it more than usual.  Not sure, maybe the humidity or something with the weather was different and intensified the effects.  Really can't expect much different though, its the cost to hold in the heat.  I think it's part of the experience and what helps make it the indoor.
TQ97
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 02:57:30 PM »

I get headaches every time we go racing, just thought that was part of it??  Lol
Karnes29
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 03:14:15 PM »

I usually get a headache the next day also but this past sunday my headache woke me up out of my sleep,It was one of the worse headaches I've had in a while,After taking 3 of my wifes pain medication which is VERY good!,I finally got it to go away later in the afternoon.
ssssmoke
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 03:24:11 PM »

had 20 to 30 more cars to add to the fumes this race.
clouse55
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 04:16:03 PM »

Drink lots of water!!!! Pop and other drinks dont clean out your system as good as water does.
Jeff Lapcevich
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 04:22:37 PM »

I didn't find it to be any worse but I did hear from others as well that thought it was.  I didn't notice any signs of it but a friend suggested that tire prep may be making its way back in. Also, I did notice that for an hour or so late in the afternoon it was unusually smokey in there but I don't recall what race was out there at the time. Thinking it was during lower mains sometime.

I've found that after getting close to the action during the lt and heavy AA races, regular exhaust fumes don't bother me any more. So I guess alcohol fumes are good medicine for carbon monoxide poisoning? LOL
Justin Posey Motorsports
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »

I noticed that also Jeff about the smoke. I would also have to agree with you about the exhaust fumes from the regualr exhaust fumes compared to the alcohol fumes.
acracing
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 05:45:30 PM »

I can't speak for Eric but if I made any wrong calls I blame it on the fumes!!  LOL
Chad
GB3
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 07:01:22 PM »

As stated earlier fresh air and plenty of water and you wont have the headache.
And Chad, I would understand that reasoning better than how its been explained so for. Smiley
Hopefully there can be some way to prevent something like that in the future Undecided
ctaylor
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 10:02:24 PM »

? how many of the repairs are sealing up the building (new doors ect) this maybe causing the fumes to stay around longer. If the vents work on the roof maybe they should be turned on a few times. We would loose the heat up high but would be better than opening doors cooling down the track. 
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: