USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:53:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A club that hosts no races??????????  (Read 9423 times)
wesracing
Veteran

« on: January 28, 2011, 05:10:23 PM »

I was wondering if I am looking at this from the wrong perspective but why would someone form a club and then not schedule any races??? Don't you think this will hurt other USAC clubs that are legit and have races. If this is the case then maybe I will get a USAC charter and under cut all other USAC clubs on their annual fees. I just think this will be bad for the future of the sport. I feel that a club that does not hold any events will not be beneficial to USAC. I know some people liked this facility but if no events, why exist? Can anyone give me another angle to look at this situation? Any future plans or just a traveling club forever?
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 08:57:57 PM »

I agree ...... you are looking at it wrong.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 09:39:36 PM »

What club are you talking about?  I want to join any club other than our local track, maybe we will join this club.

Edited to change the word club to track, we don't actually have a club.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 09:44:10 AM »

Eric, how does this track benefit USAC in any way other than they can say they have one more club? Whenever this club goes out and undercuts our annual fees, all our members could join there to save a few bucks, not have to do anything, and all those people will still come and race our track so we have to provide trophies and maintenance on a track that we are getting no membership money for. You know with this club holding no events, they are not promoting this sport in anyway. Just my thoughts, but this could potentially hurt KQMC. But I guess if no one else cares, why should I? If I am wrong, then what's right about it? Still hoping that Mini Indy is gonna join USAC? Is that what the thoughts are on this?
dsracing77
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 12:05:48 PM »

I have been asked about this same topic by a few other people from our club other than John.  After thinking about it for over a week, I can not see where this is going to benefit USAC or quarter midget racing in general.  Bringing it up here on the forum is probably not going to solve the issue, but at least now the question is out in the open.  As the new president of KQMC (after only being back in quarter midgets for a season, which is crazy if you ask me, but no one else was standing up to take over the club, so I decided to give it a shot to try and help the sport and mainly the kids) I am not looking to make any enemies and have heard that some of the others left KQMC because of feeling "screwed" by them.  With being the new president, this was kind of a slap in the face to me since I had nothing to do with the past and the only thing I can try to control is the future if given a chance.  But with there being a club that has no ambition to try to hold any races, I do not see how this benefits USAC or any of its clubs.  Maybe these few are only going to run national races, so they feel they can join a club that holds no races and has no bills, so they can join one cheaper.  They go to these other clubs track and put wear and tear on their track and with no responsibilities to help any club in any way.  Are there current members that don't help as much as others? Sure, but we are working on a way to help curtail this problem.  To answer Johns question: I agree that there is no benefit for having a club that holds no races because it sends the wrong message of taking the easy way out.  If you don't want to join our club that is fine, but at least join a club that is holding races to help pay for their facility.  I am not trying to ruffle any feathers, as I don't know the whole issues and as far as I know, had no issues last year where someone would feel they can't talk to me about what is going on at KQMC.

Thanks,
Dustin Smith
wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 07:15:27 PM »

LOL, Dustin, NOBODY got "screwed" or treated any different then anyone else at KQMC last year. There were a few that felt that way but as you will soon see as KQMC president, this is 100% normal. Also as far as controlling the future, you can change how issues are handled but if you did what you could to make these people happy, then you would have mad 5 others members mad! As far as the actual track responsibilities(I mean physical labor), I don't really even care about that. The issue here is on the financial end of it. Whenever people start throwing money into a make believe club, just because they can save a few dollars, it takes money from our club where we have to pay property taxes, and utility bills. That is the main point of this thread. If there are future plans with this club, then ok fine, I will buy that. But from what I have heard, some offers have been made to help hold races with this club and this club wasn't even interested!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 07:20:31 PM by wesracing » Logged
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 02:29:35 AM »

You still collect an entry fee from them anytime they race at your club. I was surprised to learn a non-member won a club points championship last year(unless I completely missed what was said during the conversation). Why not just limit club points to members and let those who don't want to run one track every week save a little money on membership costs. Aside from this, I don't see the problem with it.
wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »

outlawqmracer, I don't know anything about what you are talking about. This is about some Midwest clubs.
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 10:17:45 PM »

wesracing,   here are my thoughts and the facts as I know them:

1. That club did a lot of promotion for their club and qm racing at many race tracks in the Indianapolis area. They were at the fairgrounds USAC silver crown race, ORP just to name a few. This might in turn have helped KQMC also. They were out raising money and promoting their club.

2. The topic of the status of this club was also brought up at the Midwest Thunder Championship Series presidents meeting. Every club was represented and nothing was brought up about these concerns from anyone.

3. The KIDS love to race at this racing facility so we all worked hard to try to make sure we could have a race or two there ....because that is what the KIDS want.

4. Many of their members retired this year and they are struggling to get new members. As we all know the economy is having a hard financial effect on all of our clubs. Both with new members and in getting sponsorships.

5. It requires them to have over 150 cars just to break even. So like last year anything less than that in fact costs them money.

6. I understand what you are saying about the effects this could have on KQMC. I agree that we should not have clubs with no club races. But we need to also remember that the original club members worked their butts off trying to grow a club from nothing. If the club could grow and the interest was there I am sure they would continue to look for a new site and grow the club.

7. This is a unique instance and the entire MWT BOD felt that we were doing what was best for the KIDS in making our decision for the 2011 season. The club also offered to the MWT BOD to give up the date for their race if we needed it for any other event we deemed more important. I think this would have also ended the club's existence.

These are just my thoughts and I also understand and respect yours.....I know how much work we put into our clubs as presidents....so I do understand your feelings.

Eric

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 08:11:14 AM »

Well I have had contact with the president of this club and I am ok with this now. All I wanted was to find out the true intentions of this club and it is to grow the club and hopefully get to hold events in the future. That is all I wanted. I do have a lot of respect for the guys from this club and hope there are no hard feelings but I was just looking out for the well-being of KQMC.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: