USAC Racing Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:43:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Icebreaker car count?  (Read 8985 times)
TQ97
Veteran

« on: January 27, 2011, 04:00:15 PM »

Any ideas?
streihawk8
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 06:01:53 PM »

More than Huntsville!   and closer.
TQ97
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 09:32:43 PM »

Well I had heard a lot of the locals don't support that track anymore, and wasn't sure how many travel for that race....

pokesalad
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 09:40:40 AM »

Yes what is the car count?
racer88
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 10:02:15 AM »

SOME of the locals don't support the track anymore because they did not want to go USAC. Bobby Jr. is supposed to form a QMA club at his track for them. He needs the rent money...
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 01:17:27 PM »

I am hearing that there are a lot coming down from up here to get ready for the National race. I am transporting some additional cars when we come down.  I hope we get some great weather. Many of us are looking forward to racing with the Nashville people and at a great facility.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
animalman
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 02:22:22 PM »

Well if you have more cars than Huntsville, Where are you going to park everybody?
tvrush
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 09:08:45 AM »

Racer88,

Just thought I would clarify your statement about the new QMA club in TN.

First, there are several families that are forming the club.  We approached the Hamilton's regarding the track.  Most important is this;  Bobby Jr has asked nothing in return!

thanks for your time.  I hope you all have a wonderful, safe, fun year of racing!!!!!

Jeff Rush
TVQMA President
If you have any other questions regarding Tennessee Valley QMA please do not hesitate to call.  615 642 4239

www.TVQMA.com
JP3Racing
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 11:09:37 PM »

I don't use the forum much, but I wanted to share some information on this subject.  In response to the question about parking, there is plenty of room to park at the track.  Comparing tracks we visited last year for NextGen, it is comparible if not better and its all paved.  The owner has been adding to this area since the Fall as well.

With regards to lack of support, I think that's based on personal perspective.  People have chosen to leave and others have stayed for various reasons.  There are good people in both groups.  If everyone involved posted their view of what happened, and who was wronged by who it would crash the server.  There are multiple sides to every story.  It's truly irrelevant to coming to this race and I feel that comment was only posted to stir up trouble.  I look it this way, if you want to race with your kid somewhere different, come race.  Its a great track with a charactor of its own.  Most kids really enjoy it.  The track welcomes you and hopes you will give it a try.  It shouldn't be about politics and rumors, it should be about forming your own opinions based on your own experiences.  Most of the kids don't care care about any of this, or whether its USAC or QMA, they just want to see their friends and race. 

I spoke with a decent amount of people at the indoor this weekend and quite a few of those people are planning on coming to the race. 

John Pitman
TQ97
Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 12:01:27 AM »

John,

My comment or question was not meant to stir up any trouble. I know very little about what happened with the Nashville club, nor do I want to get involved.  I had heard bits and pieces from attending the Turkey gobbler and was honestly curious as to what car counts we might expect.  I'm a member of both and don't care about the politics.  Since the club wasn't posting who pre registered,  I thought I would ask.....

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: