USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:28:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Best QM Story - Prize  (Read 11898 times)
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« on: January 20, 2011, 10:15:46 AM »

Its cold here in the upper Midwest this week and now would be a good time to start a topic on your best QM experience and to make a game of it.

It can be your favorite win, friendships, funniest thing your racer has done or anything you can come up with.

The USAC .25 Club from Toledo, Ohio NWOQMRA will give a free set of right side Hoosier tires (one 6.5 A35 RR and one A35 RF) to the person that has the best story. The NWOQMRA club will vote to determine the winner.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
ssssmoke
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 03:29:30 PM »

what if your kid runs heavy and needs a40's, that would be unfair to them if they have the best story and win!!! thats a joke buddy!! i know a good one of a guy from the toledo club that tried to pit in the center of the track at the columbus indoors, he actually anchored his EZ up to the floor so no one could move it, but was eventually forced to relocate.
Karnes29
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 07:41:11 PM »

Eric, When is this game over? So far looks like ssssmoke has some new right sides. Lol Smiley

I have a story to tell but i may have to have my wife type it or i will be here til the next indoor race.

Hunt & peck,Hunt & peck Lol!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:45:01 PM by Karnes29 » Logged
magjagmotorsports
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 10:35:30 PM »

I like the story about the handler at a try a ride that was controlling the remote kill switch for the cars and when a car entered the track and went the wrong way that handler went running after the car and could not get the car to shut off.

Daren Garmenn
NWOQMRA
Kendall42
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 12:13:45 AM »

Darn you Daren! That was the first story that came to my mind too! One of the funniest ones I can recall...except one!  How about the guy walking next to Rankine's truck going to ride w him to TSR tour in Indy. Rankine slammed on brakes and the dude walked right into the open door face first!  I think those who were there are still laughing! Who was that dude???  LOL
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 12:31:58 PM »

Yea sssmoke, I have to agree that was great!
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 02:11:35 PM »

Those were all good but I still get a smile every time I think back to approx 2yrs ago at a Buckeye race when the LT AA's come to a stop for an on track re-fueling and a past Buckeye President's child gets out of the car and takes off running to the porta-john and then gets back in time to get back in the car after re-fueling and continue on as though it never occurred.... Boy, talk about an efficient pit stop!

That was awesome!

Tony Crandall
BQMRA Indoor Rookie Director
CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 03:22:24 PM »

At one night race, we were running way behind schedule, and Junior Honda finally went on the track for the A Main past 11 p.m. A boy finished in the top 3 for the first time for a points race. When congratulated on his great performance, the 6-year-old says: "But now I have to stick around even longer for tech!"

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
Sponsors: DWT, LAT Racing Oil, AMSOIL, ZeroNine, racinggraphics.com, Family Eyecare of Westchase, Circle of Life Animal Hospital
magjagmotorsports
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 11:47:46 PM »

Brad, I laugh every time I think of you hitting that door, I mean that guy hitting the door!!

Daren Garmenn
NWOQMRA
wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 11:51:39 AM »

I have a story about Race Price. This last year at Kokomo he won a Junior honda race and when he came around to get the checkered flag for his victory lap the flagman handed him the flag in a way that the flag blew right in his face completely covering his helmet. He made a few good figure eights through the infield before he finally came to a stop. The person on the raceiver kept telling him to shut off his car but he couldn't because he had one hand on the steering wheel and was holding a flag in the other. I sure wish I had video footage of the flagman and Mark Price chasing the car trying to get the car stopped!!! Definately was one of the funniest things I have seen at the track.
wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 11:58:24 AM »

I won't say a name here but there was a senior animal winner at Kokomo that tried to do a 360 in the infield after a race and ended up on his top all by himself. He did still have a good grip on the checkered flag even upside down!
Kendall42
Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 12:01:12 PM »

Daren...the funniest part was I KNEW he was gonna do that and I planned to ACT like I ran into the door to be funny! He just caught me in mid stride and I timed it wrong! Wham! That actually hurt! I guess I succeeded in being funny...it just left a mark!
racendad41
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 10:01:03 AM »

Eric, Back when my oldest son was raceing we had a problem with a kid. He first took us out in the middle of 3&4 comeing to the checkered flag at the 160 feature indoors. The next four races he took us out of heat ,b-main or transfer spots.Needless to say they were not are favorite family.Later that summer at a outdoor regional we were in line for a cookout.We cooked our steaks and ate together.WE have been good friends ever scince.We never had a problem raceing with again,it just goes to show you need to leave it on the track and don,t let it carry over to the personal side. J Bailey
Balmer boys
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 11:41:13 AM »

My favorite story comes from the last club race of last year.  We were in the middle of a pretty tight three way battle for the points.  It was five points between the leader and my son, Jordan when it came to the last race.  We were getting things ready in the morning for racing and the Dad of the third place car called me to tell me his driver was sick and throwing up all night and could not make the race.  When I told my son that his best buddy Aiden was not going to make the race he started to cry.  He then looked up at me and said with a tear, lets win it for Aiden.  That last race we went out and qual third, won the heat and won the main and won the points championship by one single point!!
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: