USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:37:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Columbus Indoors Rookie Program  (Read 7795 times)
clouse55
Feature Winner

« on: January 07, 2011, 11:32:49 AM »

Attention all clubs no-matter your racing affiliation: The 54th Annual Buckeye Indoor Rookie instructors would like to invite all new and old Rookie/Novice families to the Buckeye Indoor race Jan.15th. This program has been recently ramped up to not only address the normal driver training, but also to help prepare the Handler as well.
 Some of the things we will be offering:
  One on one driver training (if needed)
  Mentoring of students by older drivers
  Car setup
  Maintenance
  Tricks and Tips of quarter midget racing
 We would also like to thank Nascar driver Jeff Burton for stopping in and talking with the drivers, you just never know who might show up!!!

See you all on the 15th

miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 08:55:13 PM »

I think if I read the new rules that this year all the rookies run together. Let me know if I am right.
Thanks
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 11:40:19 PM »

Is the Columbus Indoors a USAC program?

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
d4hall
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 01:57:36 AM »

The five one day races are independent events. Rules are based around the USAC rule book and tech rules, with some alterations. Most of which are listed on our format sheet.

As for the 2-day event at the end of February. As always the sanctioning and format will be decided at or after the presidents meeting of the Midwest Thunder Series. I believe that is Sunday Jan 16th.

Dale Hall
Columbus, Ohio
mcconahay
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 02:16:08 AM »

Yes that is true. It is a red plate blue plate. It won't be jr sr anymore. We have not adopted that at indoors as of now. I would also like to send a big THANK YOU to Mr. Clouse and Mr. Crandall for such a great job with this program. Wow did they take it to the next level. Remember anyone is welcome to this class. Racing or not it doesn't matter. So if your think about getting into the sport this is the place to be.
clouse55
Feature Winner

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 10:12:27 AM »

Mr Karnes

We'll see how things go at the next race first.

I really think you should attend the rookie training courses, some of the most valuable time you could spend with your driver. One of the topics we'll be covering this week is driver/handler interaction, a much needed item to cover.
racer88
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »

where can I find results and car count for this year
mcconahay
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 07:46:59 PM »

Results from the first two races are now on the web sight www.bqmra.com
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: