USAC Racing Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:15:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Van K wheels  (Read 9703 times)
Ezone
Veteran

« on: February 14, 2011, 04:50:38 PM »

Sorry for sounding dumb, but when I look at the VanK wheels, what is the difference between the DC and CONE selections for the same size wheel.  I was looking on their site and could not see a description/explanation.  That means I should already know and do not.
Justin Posey Motorsports
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 08:10:04 PM »

The cone inner is shaped like a funnel to help the wheel clear the king pen on some cars. The DC inner is the typical stepped inner and something will hit the king pen bolt on some cars.
Ezone
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 09:46:58 AM »

Thank You --

I have seen some drivers with a wider black tape to hold in their earbuds.  I have seen this used before in racing.  I am having trouble finding this tape.  Where can I buy this tape, who sells?  Or what name can I search on the internet.
streihawk8
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 02:26:47 PM »

+200 mph tape    make sure they pat it bown on their uniform 1st.   That way they don't pull their ear off removing the tape.
Jeff Lapcevich
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 04:06:15 PM »

if you're at the Columbus Indoor, I believe Larry Ebert has it and so does Ellis (SSS Racing).  If not, any big car race supplier will carry it.  Or duct tape available at any home improvement store
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 04:15:40 PM »

We stopped using tape on AJ's earbuds.  During multi-day events the skin around his ears that had the tape on would get so irritated from it.  Now he just holds them in with his fingers while I slide the helmet over his head.  One less thing to worry about in the hot chute.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Torgesen Motorsports
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 05:07:12 PM »

I just bought these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HMHW9E/ref=oss_product and was able to slip them behind the fabric inside the helmet. On my sons helmet there were slits were the straps went through. They slid right in and work perfect. Didn't have to cut or sew anything. Actually velcroed the raceciever right to a safe spot on the helmet so we just put on helmet and go. No screwing with wires or anything and buds cant fall out.
Rob
Ezone
Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 05:13:37 PM »

Been looking for something lke that at a reasonable price....  thats a good find if the volumes good.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: