USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:38:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Head count for ft wayne  (Read 9719 times)
Karnes29
Veteran

« on: December 29, 2010, 05:36:12 PM »

This is our first trip there,hope everything goes well and good luck to all the drivers.

Steve
TimBaker77
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 08:23:44 PM »

Same here....Can't wait!!! See ya there Steve!

Tim Baker
Quarter Midget/Kart/ATV Product Manager
Hoosier Tire Midwest
Springfield, IL
800-365-1955
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 10:00:43 PM »

Ross and I will be there. He is not racing but will help anyone that needs help during the weekend.....so just ask.
Eric

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
clouse55
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 10:04:52 PM »

We'll be there but not racin' quarters. If anyone needs any help or any type of crazy part or something fixed look us up in the midget pits, we'll be traveling back and forth from home so dont be afraid to ask!  
Karnes29
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 10:06:54 PM »

What would be a starting point for stagger and gearing for senior honda?

Any help on this would be helpful

Thanks Steve
clouse55
Feature Winner

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 10:35:33 PM »

Somewhere from a 4.00 to a 4.50, I know a big range but Ft.Wayne is a different animal and will constantly change. They will move the tires in and out to make the track groove wider, conditions will change a TON and the driver will get more confident.
 Around 3" stagger and run minimum smokered or even locked first few times out. Car has to turn in there or you will be buying lots of parts, LOL.

Oh yea, dont wear slip on shoes either!! LMAO

Kendall42
Veteran

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 11:15:02 PM »

Good info Clouse!  LOL  This will be our first trip as well.  We did Seagate center a couple years ago, but have never made Ft. Wayne.  I have spent 2 solid days getting cars ready...they had not been touched since Eldora Kart race!  I may be little high on gearing from what you are saying...but then, we run Hvy Honda and Hvy 160, so a little more wieght...thus more gear to pull it I guess.  I am hoping to make it for some practice on Thursday night...we shall see.  I know the track will be green then...but could get a feel for gear, stagger, etc.  I am probably light on stagger at around 2 inches considering we are starting out locked.  But I dont want to scrub too much on the staights.  Plus...I anticipate unlocking relatively quickly.  I hate smokers and with Austin being so heavy and tall...we typically get enough roll onto the RR that unlocked just works best 99% of the time for us. 

Of course...it is all a guessing game to me having not been there!  I am all ears when it comes to you guys that have been there!  I can get 3 inches of stagger and may try that if we get good practice time.

BTW...the wife is NOT happy about us going!  Thanks to Rankine, she gave in and let us sign up!  He is on her bad list! Shocked)
TQ97
Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 12:27:27 AM »

Running Jr. Honda and our first - gulp- light 160 race. 
Karnes29
Veteran

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 12:21:18 PM »

Also have a question on tires, I was going to run our A-35s but was told i need to have burris tires because they are softer.

What will be the choice tire there? This is our first year racing and have only ran on hoosiers.

Thanks Steve
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 01:21:15 PM »

We ran Hosiers last year. Ran an A-30 then switched to A-35's when the track rubbered up
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: