USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:45:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: TIME TO JUMP SHIP...QMA TO USAC-CORRECTION  (Read 20194 times)
BARRY LANDAU
Rookie

« on: December 08, 2010, 03:26:59 PM »

Well members it has happened……….I have just sent my money into Toledo to join USAC. For three years I have been fighting out loud tiring to help save QMA racing for the kids. My fight has ended along with the car count in Region 4. Last year I found out personal how screwed up QMA National is……my son smashed the track record at Lansing at a Regional, during Tech the Tech Director did my tear down and said that I had two illegal parts. Well the parts went National and were inspected by the head genius to which he found NOTHING WRONG with any of the parts but ASSUMED that my motor was still illegal!!! They then sent me an e-mail to tell me that my parts were legal but felt that some other parts that had not been sent must have been the issue and that unfortunately due to the parts that they do not have they refused to overturn the DQ?? The “O Mighty" Tech Director refused to do the right thing and screwed a 13 year old kid out of a Track Record/ a Regional Championship and best of all the Big Board has no authority to help, what a screwy system that is. This started the falling ball for me. The next thing I noticed was no matter where we went at sign-in we made the “A-Main”.

For the past 3 years my son and I have done the travel thing with QMA and outside of the Grand’s we raced the same kids at different tracks everywhere we went. Via-the -fact that we are spending $500.00 or more a weekend at a Regional…….this is not race on a Regional level, this was a traveling Club Series and it was very, very sad. Please understand that I am not saying that we had no competition because we did. I am just saying that USAC has promoted Quarter Midgets better and has won the battle with me due to USAC's car counts and the spec tire rule. Now with that said QMA’s new Region 4 director is a great guy, he will be a real asset to them and will do anything he can to make the racing fair and sensible again……..I am just sorry it took so long for him to arrive because I do not know if he will ever be able to get the car counts back in QMA. I would also like to say that our Club, Waterford, Michigan has the best people in the world with the hardest and best drivers out there, I only wish that they would have listen to Jay, Kris and me about making Waterford a USAC track.

Anyways, I want to apologies to those I have piss-off in USAC with my outbursts and comments in the past and hope that we can put my ignorance about USAC behind us. My boy is great kid, it is our last year in Quarter Midgets and I want to have a great time with him running USAC.

Thanks,
Barry Landau
PS: Eric you were right and Blakely rules!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 12:29:32 PM by BARRY LANDAU » Logged
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 05:28:26 PM »

Welcome!
clouse55
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 06:11:41 PM »

Barry, now you really didnt have to do that. Erics head is big enough already!!!!!

Blakely Rules!!!!!!

LMAO!!!
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 08:06:14 PM »

Welcome to USAC Barry.
DOUG GALLANDT
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 10:11:28 PM »

Barry Barry Barry, I dont think anybody should forgive you for what u said and did........now Cole on the other hand no one can blame him for what his father said its not his fault your his dad.  I think every Tech guy at the USAC tracks you attend should tear your stuff down as soon as you pull into the parking lot....... as we all know you are a CHEATING BASTARD (name originally given to Mr. Blakley by you then after your demise this summer the name was thus given to you)  Funny how things change Smiley  LMAO Smiley Im just kidding about this whole post. My son and I are also going to frequent more USAC races this up comming year. I hope you find what you are looking for. Good Luck and get your butt down to indoors, pansy  P.S. Blakely Sucks  Smiley Smiley JK  LOL Smiley
BARRY LANDAU
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 12:34:20 PM »

Thanks Doug for the warm welcome, Cole and I are looking forward to seeing Noah at the USAC events with us...........YOU...........NOT SO MUCH!!

Your Pal,

Barry
Blakely Rules
ssssmoke
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 10:20:01 PM »

damn barry, espn not have an hour open for "the decision", lebron must have beat you to it. i dont think anyone really cares. just kidding!!!
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 11:17:26 AM »

Barry,   What is keeping Waterford from going with USAC .25. Many of the things USAC .25 has brought to the sport has been adopted by the club and now they even have Hoosier a spec tire for 2011. It sure seems like it would be in the best interest of the club to make a change for 2011.

What is the reason for them to remain with QMA? Waterford getting the Grands? The QMA National BOD has promised that to North Georgia QMRA for 2012 already to keep them in QMA.

Even if the Waterford does not have many members that travel they will benefit by the large number of other USAC .25 clubs that have competitive members that do travel.

Like you say the members of Waterford are great people and Jim is a stand up guy.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
Jeff Lapcevich
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 04:39:28 PM »

North Georgia? I don't think they showed interest in hosting the Grands. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought only Waterford, Thompson, Huntsville, and New Smyrna submitted an application; or am I out of the loop?
CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 04:50:43 PM »

Right. No Cumming proposals for 2012. Custom, Huntsville, Michigan Midget and New Smyrna.

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
Sponsors: DWT, LAT Racing Oil, AMSOIL, ZeroNine, racinggraphics.com, Family Eyecare of Westchase, Circle of Life Animal Hospital
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 05:04:27 PM »

Will be interesting if North Georgia ends up with the Grands anyway...

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Jeff Lapcevich
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »

@freitas  It sure would.....
pokesalad
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »

I'm pretty sure that North Ga is planning on submitting for 2013
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 06:48:10 PM »

There is still one TBD on the 2011 Mopar .25 Tour...if North Georgia acts fast, they might not have to wait until 2013 to host a great national event. Wink

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
racemom2000
Feature Winner

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 12:59:37 PM »

Welcome to USAC, Barry. Smiley

Katherine Weaver
www.noahweaver.com
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: