USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:18:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Why does this continue?  (Read 31584 times)
Toeknee
Veteran

That's My Boy!

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »

I was not around in the 80's, so can you please explain what you are saying. I thought all racing is ultimately about the deepest pockets, just read the Road & Driver article about USAC.

I've spent ALOT of money racing since 2002 in QM's & Micro's w/ 2 drivers and no one made me spend a dime, I decided to spend every dollar. We are very competative and put alot of time, money and effort into our racing program by choice.

I believe that QMA & USAC are both ultimately about "Kids Racin".

Tony Lofton
Driver: Bubba #5
Lofton Family Racin'
ssssmoke
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 03:31:02 PM »

why does this continue?
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 08:04:07 PM »

My biggest challenge with both QMA & USAC is why couldn't they have worked together in the past when USAC was QMA's sanctioning body? It is my understanding when I got into this sport in 2002 that USAC was the sanctioning body for QMA. QMA supposedly paid USAC to be that sanctioning body but we never had any of the advantages that are currently being offered by USAC such as promotion, advertising, connections to bigger racing, etc.

I heard that it was QMA over managing(not allowing USAC to do things) and also heard that USAC was cashing the checks and not trying to do anything for QMA. HE said, she said just like always. This then caused the split and brings us to today with 2 weaker organizations instead of big strong youth racing organization. It should be "all about the kids".

I wish the best to both organizations and hope youth quartermidget racing does not turn out like Indy Racing and Kart. They spent several wasted years of low car counts fighting each other and finally now that they are back together the sport actually matters again.

I hope many USAC members will attend the Oaklane Eastern Grands and I look forward to racing USAC in the future cause its all about the kids!

My understanding is that USAC's sole affiliation with QMA was a management role, such as they have now with another company. It was never a sanctioning agreement. I could be wrong about this, but when USAC first came into the sport I thought it was made clear that when they asked to fill more of a role within QMA, QMA dumped them.

The problem I have and you can see it reading the meeting minutes that were posted is that QMA turns the blame towards others. They say membership counts are down because a change in filling dates. They refuse to admit that they're going backwards.

USAC on the other hand is proactive in making changes for the good of the sport. USAC is making active moves to help grow the sport and keep it healthy whereas QMA's board only does things with the intention of staying in power. I've noticed that more things that the members desired (spec tire, judging changes, more affordable motor platforms, etc etc) have been instituted since USAC has been around when if you listen to the rumors, the members have no say in what happens with USAC.

This is my personal opinion on the matter, but the facts don't lie. There is no need for USAC to make up rumors about QMA, the truths are just as effective.
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 10:15:47 AM »

I believe the issue of the rumors becomes greater when they are used in an official document or is spoken by a NBOD member. Members that are new or just dont know take these rumors to be stated facts.
 http://www.quartermidgets.org/ConCallMinutes/2010-11-03-ConCall.pdf
Rich explained that QMA is a not for profit orgination, our officers are not paid we are all volunteers.

http://quartermidgets.org/Elections/2010/Resumes/Thomas_Zickefoose.pdf
"I have heard many concerns voiced and have been asked for my opinion on the advent of USAC and the .25 section of their operations. I dont agree with the concept of any sanctioning body running a "for profit" agenda"

There are more of these type statements easily found.   
Walker23
Feature Winner

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 12:17:04 PM »

As I read through the minutes, short sheets and blah blah blah. They change the date or waived the late fee last year because numbers were down. Now this year they are suggesting to the put it back, because numbers were down...

Makes perfect sense.

Kris Walker
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 03:10:08 PM »

I believe the issue of the rumors becomes greater when they are used in an official document or is spoken by a NBOD member. Members that are new or just dont know take these rumors to be stated facts.
 http://www.quartermidgets.org/ConCallMinutes/2010-11-03-ConCall.pdf
Rich explained that QMA is a not for profit orgination, our officers are not paid we are all volunteers.

http://quartermidgets.org/Elections/2010/Resumes/Thomas_Zickefoose.pdf
"I have heard many concerns voiced and have been asked for my opinion on the advent of USAC and the .25 section of their operations. I dont agree with the concept of any sanctioning body running a "for profit" agenda"

There are more of these type statements easily found.   

A lot of the people in QMA are great, but, the "not for profit" deal has always irked me. You will notice that a lot of the officers nationaly and regionaly and especialy on the advisory comittee are engine and chassis builders who's main source of income is quarter midget racing.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 04:58:18 PM »

They can keep saying it, but it doesn't make it true. I'd trust the documentation more than the other side.
wolverineracer
Rookie

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 12:04:32 AM »

I would like to thank all for replying to my post. I would also like to thank all involved with the Fastalk radio show with their special guests Rich Tisone and James Spinks that aired tonight. This answered ALL my questions. 
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 03:03:56 AM »

Essentially what Mr.Tisone is saying is that USAC is not a safe environment for your children and Region 4's membership problems are the fault of the remaining members. Barry had good questions that were completely ignored and deflected. I was not impressed with Mr.Tisone's presentation of his organization and while I don't agree with a lot of things about QMA, I don't think he did the organization justice.

While I agree with Mr.Freeman that local clubs are responsible for going out and getting memberships, in the end it is imperative for the National Level to help build interest in the sport to make it possible for local clubs to go out and get the members. It's much more of a hard sell to gain members who have never heard of the sport.

I think where USAC has the upper hand here is they're out promoting the series so the sport isn't so foreign to potential members. I just don't see QMA helping with this at a national level. I also don't see them making connections and partnerships to build the sport, and listening to the show, it seems as if they're unwilling to connect with anyone else to help foster the growth of the sport. Whereas USAC is not only connecting with other branches of their organization, they're also making connections with other forms of racing that they do not own to reap the benefits of the clout of bigger organizations.

We have a lot to offer the bigger organizations as far as entertainment value and it should be harnessed into partnerships to help secure the future of our sport. This goes for USAC and QMA. The sooner QMA embraces this, the sooner they will be able to grow, as their financials prove is currently not happening.

But I guess the publicity packet makes up for all of that......
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 03:09:15 AM »

And I would like to add, as someone seasoned in video editing, I will cut a QMA or USAC television commercial free of charge if provided with the footage. Or any other QM organization who would like such a service.

Marketing like this can be surprisingly inexpensive if planned out and targeted precisely enough.
ggray
Rookie

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 04:15:59 AM »

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/terry-wall/2010/12/14/fastalk-racing-show
IndyQMDad
Veteran

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »

@rburns, well said!

The point I was hoping to make is that the club membership can't depend on the national organization to build membership. They have to take it upon themselves to get out there and promote, promote, promote. Anything that National does is just a bonus, in my opinion.

Of course, USAC has done a great job spreading the word about quarter midget racing. They have taken a very proactive approach to promotion, and, as you stated, have formed relationships/used existing relationships to strengthen the brand recognition for the Mopar .25 series and quarter midgets in general. This promotion will certainly benefit the clubs; however, the clubs still need to get out there and do additional promotion.

That's a wonderful offer you've made to assist with video editing. I hope someone will take you up on that offer.

Overall, what do you guys think of the show? Not just last nights, but the show in general? When I first signed on as a sponsor, I wasn't particularly happy with how the show was going. I had a couple of conversations with Terry about how I thought he could improve, and he was very open to my suggestions. I think it's a great idea. and a lot of fun, which is why I've been trying to lend Terry a hand as much as possible. There is still a lot of room for improvement. I am sure Terry would appreciate any constructive feedback. You are welcome to message me, and I will pass it along. A conversation about promotion sounds like a good topic for an upcoming show. 

David
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 01:26:42 PM »

The sad thing in all of this is that a lot of us wanted to do both. The reasons were selfish, I admit, but we were running WF and AA so we only ran regional and national events the last few years. Figured more chances to race. Our club checked with the insurance people. They said no problem. USAC was ok with it. It would cost more but doable. QMA said no way. Had to be one or the other. Well..........ok then..........
IndyQMDad
Veteran

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2010, 04:00:46 PM »

@swartz, I couldn't agree more that dual membership would have been great. It is too bad that it wasn't allowed to happen.

@outlawQMracer, there is a show each Monday night. I don't believe Terry is going to have USAC and QMA on again next week. I think he feels it's too much to ask for them to be on two weeks in a row. I think he'll be inviting another club and it's members to be guests.

David
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 07:46:49 PM »

Sounds like it, plus you can go in now and listen to the past shows on the site.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: