USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:30:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Schedule  (Read 33136 times)
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 12:46:24 AM »

The dates listed above match what was handed out at the PRI Show this past week in Orlando, FL.  It isn't currently posted on the website any where that I know of, but they did have a stack of flyers at the show.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 01:29:44 AM »

I guess the next question for USAC would be how many races have to be run in order to earn National ranking?  Last year it was half (5), will it be half again or will it be 5 again?  Either way, it is most likely impossible for us to attempt to run for it, but would be curious to hear what it is going to be.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 10:21:41 AM »

I believe USAC is waiting on a couple of new clubs that will be joining the USAC .25 division before releasing the final schedule.

And some of the membership of USAC .25 was asking if there was a chance to have a couple of the western swing races back to back to ease travel costs and to allow the racers to leave trailers out west for the race the following weekend.

I would expect to see a final schedule around the holidays.

I think that you will need to run 6 of the 12 races but I would be fine with 5 of 12 also.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 11:00:24 AM »

I am a fan of the back to back races, but don't stop at the west coast.  Do them in each district and that might make it possible for more teams to compete for the National Championship.  The way the schedule is now it will be nearly impossible for most of the teams in the southeast to even consider trying to run the minimum races, unless of course they own a plane or a trucking company or both. Wink  Having back to back or even back to back to back events in the districts would make it possible for some of us to travel up for the first event, find some cheap round trip flights home and back and then do the second and maybe even third event before driving our trailers back home.

What is the job market like in OH, since 8 of the 12 events are within an 8 hour drive from there? Smiley

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 11:06:05 AM »

Scott, The job market is in the trash can. I told the family last night that we are going to hit the road like the true old outlaws and try to make a living racing. They looked at me like I was a nut case...and reminded me that we race quarter midgets. LOL

You need to get New Smyrna to go with USAC .25. I keep hearing that there is unrest within that club also. Make it happen Scott !!

Eric Rankine
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 11:44:04 AM »

We haven't raced over there in about a year, but from what I hear there are some members who would support a switch, however there are too many people in "positions of influence" against it.  Plus they feel they are candidates for the 2012 grands, so they have to wait to see if that payday will pan out.  Unfortunately the way things went in Tampa after the switch to USAC also leaves a bad taste in everyone in Florida's mouth and even though that isn't USAC's fault, people still see USAC as part of the reason.

We are still on the fence about whether or not we are going to go over and race the Lil 500 at the end of the month, but from looking at the pre-registered car count, it seems that show will be smaller than years past too.  Maybe that would get them to seriously consider a change.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 11:51:20 AM »

sfreitas20,   if New Smyrna was USAC we would be spending our holiday in Florida this year for sure racing the Lil 500. I would bet I could bring 20 cars with us. Oh Well.

We love the Tampa track and we hope the issues can be sorted out there. That is one of Ross's favorite tracks because of the size and configuration.

Eric Rankine
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 12:13:02 PM »

Maybe Tampa needs to run an event between Christmas and New Years then!

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 01:32:12 PM »

New Smyrna 500 is open to everyone regardless of affiliation, so you all should come down and race anyway. They're doing something different this year: qualifying + heat race to determine mains. So far there's a car count of 114. It's an awesome track, so come join us!

http://www.littlenewsmyrna.com/

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
Sponsors: DWT, LAT Racing Oil, AMSOIL, ZeroNine, racinggraphics.com, Family Eyecare of Westchase, Circle of Life Animal Hospital
racemom2000
Feature Winner

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 01:04:35 PM »

We will still have our 4 race series here at MAQMA for those that are in the same position we are in. Registration will start in January.

You can count us in for the MAQMA series, Mike.

Katherine Weaver
www.noahweaver.com
ggray
Rookie

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 09:44:36 AM »

It appears to be official now, with Phoenix in the 11-13 March slot and the Albuquerque date moving to 29 April - 1 May.  Still one more TBD.
Torgesen Motorsports
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 04:51:31 PM »

Is there going to be a Disney Race this year?
CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 11:37:35 PM »

I was told there won't be a Disney race this year.

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
Sponsors: DWT, LAT Racing Oil, AMSOIL, ZeroNine, racinggraphics.com, Family Eyecare of Westchase, Circle of Life Animal Hospital
slowpoke
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2010, 02:18:34 AM »

I am not planning on running most of the national races but I am curious as to what anyone gets out of racing in a parking lot. So what if it is at Disney World it is a parking lot.
I am not trying to be negative or bash on USAC or anything stupid like that, I just really don't see the attraction. It is for this reason that we have not went to the Nationals on the IMS "Parking Lot". I heard a lot of people that went for 4 or 5 days  and spent $1200.00 and more for the privalage to race in that lot, they said they thought it was cool to be there but couldn't really justify the expense.
I can run two cars all season long at a couple of local tracks and only spend that much.
I just don't get it I guess.
crew chief
Veteran

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2010, 11:31:07 AM »

Its great racing no one has a home track advantage.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: