USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:20:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Schedule  (Read 33135 times)
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2010, 03:20:48 PM »

I am not planning on running most of the national races but I am curious as to what anyone gets out of racing in a parking lot. So what if it is at Disney World it is a parking lot.
I am not trying to be negative or bash on USAC or anything stupid like that, I just really don't see the attraction. It is for this reason that we have not went to the Nationals on the IMS "Parking Lot". I heard a lot of people that went for 4 or 5 days  and spent $1200.00 and more for the privalage to race in that lot, they said they thought it was cool to be there but couldn't really justify the expense.
I can run two cars all season long at a couple of local tracks and only spend that much.
I just don't get it I guess.

If they spent such sums of money, it was more by choice than by necessity. There are plenty of teams who participate in such races and don't spend near that.

We started in parking lots. With age rules the way they are we had two full years practicing in a parking lot before racing at the club. It's no different, well, aside from a little difference in banking. But as far as the surface is concerned, it's the same thing. This isn't true for all tracks, but truthfully, there are quiet a few that are just parking lots with banking in the turns.

I guess for us, it doesn't really matter where we race. It's more about the competition we race against and the people we get to spend race weekends with. USAC could hold it's races in someone's backyard and I'm sure our driver would have just as much fun. Truthfully, he probably learned just as much about the car on our hurried configurations and flat turns than thousands of single car practice laps on our local track.

ssssmoke
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2010, 05:33:36 PM »

as long as cars are there, you could sweep up horse shit and race in a swine building, oh wait thats what they do in columbus and people come from new york to oregon, canada to texas. i guess my point is a real racer will race on anything as long as the competition is there.
slowpoke
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2011, 12:08:17 AM »

Real racers race on dirt  LOL!
http://www.worldofoutlaws.com/sprint/
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 12:14:00 AM by slowpoke » Logged
ssssmoke
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2011, 05:44:24 PM »

2nd that slowpoke!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: