USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 12:26:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Four race series at MAQMA  (Read 16854 times)
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« on: November 16, 2010, 06:25:35 PM »

I would like to know just how many people would show up for a 4 point race series at MAQMA. The races would be the first weekend of the month; (March, April, May, June), keeping in mind that by this time your local clubs and summer series will be getting in full swing. The purses will start at $2,000.00 for first and going down from there. The purses would obviously be in a way that the drivers would not loose any eligibility and become a paid athlete. They would be limited to certain classes; (honda and briggs). The details are in the works and our club President will post something in December. We don't want to conflict with the Generation Next schedule which is to come out December 1st. Please respond in this forum so we can get some feel for the series. Controlled practices after 5 pm on Fridays, races on Saturday and Sunday if needed.

Thanks,
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 06:30:02 PM »

Sounds like something we would definitely be interested in doing next year since I don't think we are running for points at our local track.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 07:49:17 PM »

Mike,
     I would like to hear more of this series. Are the purses for the points finish or is there a purse at each race? Thanks, John
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 09:07:18 PM »

We are in the process of working on the details. I doubt that we can raise enough money to give away $2,000.00 for six or so classes each race. That is $48,000.00 just for first place prizes. You would have Late Model drivers and everyone else wanting to race for that kind of purse each weekend. We will work on the final details but for now, we are seeing just how much interest we can get. Put the word out and tell them to respond to this forum. The sponsors that we are talking to that is very open to this is watching to see just what kind of response we get before they commit to giving us all the purse money. He is working on having a couple of Cup drivers there to race exhibition which he has a pretty good influence with.

Thanks,
ezoner
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 04:15:19 PM »

The only problem I see is with 4 races that doesnt leave much if it rains.  You are basically at 3 races.  I think you would need 4 actual race events that happen, so as a min. rain dates would be required.
streihawk8
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »

I guess I am stupid. MAQMRA   HuhHuh where is it?
wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 08:44:31 PM »

Metro Atlanta
lawsonracing
Veteran

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 10:05:28 PM »

I would not worry about rain, we had 15 races this year at MAQMA and not one rained out! We have great weather here in georgia!

Lawson Ingold Racing
Sponsors: Mercedes Benz of Buckhead Performance Center, Sport Map ECU, Imhoff Eye Care; Altus Health Care; G-Force Racing
hotshotracing
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 11:57:28 PM »

MCQMRA is looking to work our schedule with Metro Atlanta and NCQMA so we can attend races at both tracks and support events like this. Would like to meet up with both tracks when we get to NCQMA next week and talk over schedules for next year.   
racemom2000
Feature Winner

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 10:09:40 PM »

We would attend. We've changed our home track to MAQMA for next season.

Katherine Weaver
www.noahweaver.com
racecar99
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 04:32:06 PM »

We would be very interested in this 4 race series. Looking forward to racing something other than the local track points. Please keep us posted on any new information in regards to this series.
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 08:55:31 PM »

This 4 race series will be raced as stated. I had a large number of .25 families ask about the series this past week at North Carolina. As state before, the sponsors that are willing to put up the awards are looking for us to show by entries the interest that I have expressed to them. We will be setting up an on-line entry list the first of the year for pre-registration. There will be a cut off for the number of cars in each class. The classes will be announced soon. Along with the winnings, there will also be awards given at each race event. The series will be set up so that the races can be ran and finished by lunch on Sunday. I know how hard it is to drive back home and get the kids back to school on Monday. There will be rain make up races if we do have to have one. It will be a four race series with no drops. JL and I will be in contact with James Spinks to coordinate this series on a professional level. We want this to be a great short mini series for everyone to remember. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too all!!!!

Thanks,
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 09:05:34 PM »

That sounds great Mike!  Will be looking for the registration after the holidays.  Hopefully they will be running Bandoleros at Lanier on those nights too, so we can bring those up and let the boys race those on those Saturday nights.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 08:21:28 PM »

Right now the classes proposed are: Rookies (1 class if USAC rules change), JR H, SR H, Heavy H, JR A, SR A, LT 160, Heavy 160, LT W/F, Heavy W/F. We expect at least 10 cars or more in each class. I would expect more in SR H, LT 160, JR H, and LT W/F. These classes over the last few year's have had the most car count and I see no reason why it would differ from this number next year. Look for more info as the dates will be announced by mid December.

Thanks,
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 02:51:22 PM »

The four race series will not be ran due to situations that have come about. There will however be a series that I am not at liberty to reveal. You may contact JL Tullis the president of MAQMA for more information or just watch for a posting soon.

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: