USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:52:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hoosier Tire  (Read 9779 times)
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« on: November 18, 2010, 09:49:39 PM »

Hoosier Tire comes out with new left rear tire for quarter midget racing. At the 2010 Competition Meeting for the USAC .25 division held last month the club presidents asked Hoosier tire to give us a larger left rear tire to help with stagger on our race cars. Irish Sanders said they would get to work on it right away and he was not kidding. He was on the phone to Adam Batton before leaving the room that day. And just a little over two months after that meeting the USAC .25 division will have the new left rear tire to race with in 2010 and beyond. This just shows how having a great sanctioning body like USAC and a awesome tire manufacture like Hoosier - an American company making tires for American racers can work together to better the sport of quarter midget racing. Thanks Irish Sanders and the entire Hoosier Tire company.

Eric Rankine

Hoosier Racing Product Bulletin

Product Bulletin
November 15, 2010
32.5/4.5-5 Left Rear .25 Midget Tire Size

Hoosier is proud to add a taller 32.5/4.5-5 left rear tire size as an option for teams to use
whenever less rear stagger is desired. This tire will be offered in the A35 compound and will
have the same construction as the 32.0/4.5-5 left rear. These tires should be in stock during the
week of December 6, 2010. The specs for this tire are listed below.

Item #       Tire Size           Width    Dia           Circ      Compound
15175   32.5/4.5-5   bb   4.25"   10.25"   32.5"         A35

The A35 compound has a cold durometer of 52-54. It's considered a soft, high traction
compound used on pavement tracks that have medium to low grip.
If there are any questions, please feel free to contact abatton@hoosiertire.com or any of your
Hoosier Racing Tire Distributors.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:37:18 PM »

I would like to see this size tire available in a D20 for the left rear as well.  Anyone know if that might happen at some point?

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 10:47:01 PM »

I would like to see this size tire available in a D20 for the left rear as well.  Anyone know if that might happen at some point?

Ditto.

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
Sponsors: DWT, LAT Racing Oil, AMSOIL, ZeroNine, racinggraphics.com, Family Eyecare of Westchase, Circle of Life Animal Hospital
Karnes29
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 09:52:21 AM »

I would like to know if there is anything i can do to get my right rear to be 35" when i first have it mounted?Every time i get a new tire it comes out to around 34 1/4 to 1/2". Yesterday we raced on a set of 3 race old A-35s on the right but i had a 32.0 D-20 on the left and raced most of the day with 2 7/8s staggar. Is it just the luck of the draw on the tires or is there anything i can do to get the tire bigger from the start? Looks like i won't ever need the new 32.5" tire anytime soon, but glad to see hoosier making a tire for the ones who do need it.

Steve
Justin Posey Motorsports
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 01:37:24 PM »

You can take the tire and just blow it up to a little over 35. Let it set at that size for a little and slowly let the aire back down to your desired pressure measure the tire and let sit and it will stabalise at 35. You might have to repeat the process a few times.
Karnes29
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 03:56:28 PM »

Thanks Mr Posey
Justin Posey Motorsports
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 04:46:25 PM »

No problem it fairly simple to do usually if you go 1/4 over what you are wanting it will stabalise pretty quick just be sure when you put your air gauge on that you have the release button mashed or you will junk your gauge.
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 11:02:11 AM »

This is just another great example of the benefits of having USAC involved in the sport of quarter midget racing, no matter what your sanctioning. 

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: