USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 12:56:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Motorama - Independant event Feb 2011  (Read 8875 times)
pwpinc
Rookie

« on: November 01, 2010, 11:43:15 PM »

Ed Pensyl (who sponsored part of Eldora's race) sponsors/runs an independant event in Feb  - see info below & register online effective today. it is in Harrisburg PA at the Farm & Horse Show Complex - on concrete - indoors (& usually heated). It's a fun 2 day event! There are a lot of other auto related racing and events this weekend.

www.motoramaevents.com

Motorama 2011, takes place on the weekend of Feb. 19 & 20, 2011

This is the 15th Annual Event!

Last year we had a whopping 245 cars. Online Pre-registration as always, will again start at 12:00 AM on Nov. 1, 2010.

This year, we are proud to announce that we will be using an electronic scoring system! There is a place on the applications online for you to put your transponder #, if you have your own. Transponders will be available for the weekend rent of $10.00/weekend also, and a box on application for this also. A valid driver's license WILL BE REQUIRED, to rent a transponder. This will happen Saturday am, upon arrival.

We will again, as last year, limit the number of entries, due to space in building. 250 cars max.

The same format as always, will apply:
1 - We run off of the previous years rules.
2 - If your driver has moved up in class at the end of previous year, apply for current class(es) running.
3 - Although we do offer Jr. & Sr. novice classes, we due expect your driver to hav at least 3 races ran, as we DO NOT offer novice training.
4 - Full Tech & Safety will be enforced.
5 - Upon arrival - it is the Handler's responsibility to make sure the brakes and throttle works, and the belts are w/in 5 yrs date. We WILL NOT be inspecting cars. ALL cars must be safe by the Pit Stewrd's call
6 - Any helmet is allowed - D.O.T, or better, NO SMOKE TINTED SHIELDS allowed, AMBER/Yellow is ok
7 - Gloves - Must be worn! ANY style/brand. Race Jackets are strongly recommended.
8 - All National weight and age requirements/per classes apply.
9 - At current time - only QMA classes are available. There are no Brigg's Animal/Usac classes at this time.
10 - Only 87 octane/Pump fuel is allowed, except for classes that allow alchohol.
11 - Transponder location is -------------------as per QMA rules --------------- front leading edge of transponder @ 40 - 44". I always reccommend 42" to front leading edge - from front edge of front bumper.Tarnsponder clip - MUST BE securely attached - i/e - pop rivets or bolts

To ALL attached email recipients - please forward this email to any and all 1/4 midget racers/clubs for review, if you would please.

We are always looking for Partners/Sponsors for any and all classes, as well as Corporate and or Associate Sponsors. If any are known, please feel free to contact me at -pensylent@aol.com or go directly to - brad@trailway1.com . The more people we get involved, the bigger the event can become.

Thanks again for everyone's support of this event
any questions/ comments/ concerns can be directed to - pensylent@aol.com , or call or text my cell at - 610 730-8704
Sincere Regards,
Led Pensyl

For my 2 cents - this is our 3rd year doing this race - it's fun. Also:

There are several hotels around & they sell out quick, but right next door (within walking distance literally) is Staybridge Suites - for convenience I recommend this (has free bkfst & heated pool too).
Staybridge Suites
HARRISBURG HERSHEY
920 WILDWOOD PARK DRIVE
HARRISBURG, PA 17110 UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk: 011-717-2333304  X152
streihawk8
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »

Is this a trophy event or does it pay money to win?
pwpinc
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 09:22:05 PM »

Trophy event.
pwpinc
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 11:41:08 AM »

Motorama 1/4 midget update!
137 cars as of yesterday! 11/16/10
10 - jr novice, 2 - sr. stock, 14 - jr honda,k 25 - sr honda, 6 hvy honda, 7 lite mod, 1 hvy mod, 1 - lt b, 38 lt 160, 10 - hvy 160, 17 lt world formula, 6 - world formula!

I did get a call today from a guy in conn, who would like to bring up to 4 driver's down n run Jr. Nov...ice unrestricted...... if there is any interest in the already preregistered driver's to move to this class,,,,,,,,,please contact me.

Many Many thanx for the support in this event
www.motoramaevents.com
Led Pensyl
TQ97
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 10:49:35 PM »

How many cars in a class required to run?   For instance if only 2 Jr. Stocks show up, will they still run?    Are there RV hookups or parking available?  Do you unload or unhook trailer?
pwpinc
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 12:49:32 AM »

I will confirm on the class count with Ed & get back to you as soon as I can.
Regarding parking: You have the option to pay extra for 'reserved' parking, which is a little closer to the building - main lot parking is free (& not that far away). Yes, RV's are allowed.  You can get outside electric hookup & you can also get inside pit area electric if you want (must be paid for in advance at registration). You leave your cars in the secure pit area Sat night - it is locked and there are security guards overnight - although you can bring back out to your trailer (most don't). You can leave your trailer in the lot.
pwpinc
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 09:08:05 AM »

all classes will run,,,,,,,,even if 1 car,,,,,,,,,,of course combining that car w/ another class will probably happen
pwpinc
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 10:46:51 AM »

MOTORAMA UPDATE!
As of Friday - 12/3/10
164 preregistrations to date!,,,,, Thank You All!
jr. novice - 11, sr. novice - 0, jr. stock - 3, sr. stock - 2, jr. honda - 17, sr. honda - 32, hvy honda - 9, light mod - 8, hvy mod - 1, light b - 1, lt 160 - 44, hvy 160 11, lt w/f - 18, w/f - 7

IN ADDITION!

A FEW NOTES OF INTEREST!
1 - PREREGISTRATION ENDS! FEB 4, 2011
2 - PLEASE REMEMBER TO MARK WHETHER OR NOT YOU NEED A TRANSPONDER! ADD YOU # OR CHECK BOX AND PAY ACCORDINGLY PLEASE.
3 - ALL APLICANTS WILL RECIEVE AN ENVELOPE IN THE MAIL CONTAINING YOUR TICKETS/PASSES ETC, & COPY OF YOUR APPLICATION, THIS PAPER NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT INTO NORTHWEST BUILDING SATURDAY FEB 19TH FOR VERIFICATION OF ENTRY(IES).
4 - IF YOU ENTERED VIA INTERNET -------YOU MUST PRINT FORM OFF INTERENT & THE RELEASE FORM MUSTTTTTTTTTTTT BE NOTORIZED PRIOR TO COMING TO EVENT! AND RACER'S NAME MUSTTTT BEEE LEGIBLY PRINTED! ON FORM!
5 - IF YOU ENTERED VIA SNAIL MAIL - A RELEASE FORM WAS ENCLOSED IN YOUR RETURNED PACKET,,,,,,,,,,,, YOU MUST GET THIS FORM NOTORIZED! AND BRING IT ALONG TO EVENT AS STATED ABOVE.

I/WE, THE MOTORAMA 1/4 MIDGET RACEDAY MANAGEMENT, would like wish every safe and happy holidays!
Best of luck to everyone for the upcopming 2011 Race Season!...
Sincerely
Led Pensyl & Staff
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: