USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:01:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Another Shady vote at Mini Indy  (Read 33492 times)
Birdcage
« on: November 16, 2008, 11:35:08 AM »

It looked like a ticket broker selling tickets to the Colts game, the number of proxy votes that were being counted out was rediculus Shocked.  The same people had many proxy votes each.  It looks like some deals were reached with people for these votes.  Mini Indy voted stictly for QMA with no dual membership.  It will be interesting to see how many of these who voted for QMA will show up to run at Gasoline Alley.  The kicker is that there will be qualifying races that must be ran in order to participate at the national event.  Hopefully USAC will schedule the qualifying races against Reg. 4 races to let them really choose.  It looks like the Reg. 4 loyalist will be having a lot of windshield time going back and forth to Michigan.  Maybe Michigan will get a deal for them on gas and hotels, as much as they will be there.  LOL Roll Eyes Cheesy 
htjtct
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 02:02:30 PM »

Setting the record straight!

I have been waiting and figured something like this was eventually going to be posted on this forum as well as others.

I just want to provide those that are questioning the vote the facts. 

The meeting at  Mini Indy was structured in a professional way.  All members were notified of the meeting and its importance.  It was stressed to each individual, on the notice, that could not attend to provide a proxy to an attending member.  This special meeting was called by the membership where 51% of the membership had to be present in person or by proxy to constitute a quarom (valid meeting).  Each member had to register (verifying that you are member in good standing), themselves and proxies, with the election committee at the door to receive their ballots.  No new memberships were allowed the right to vote if they were not a member at the time of the initial vote.

There were a total of 75 votes total, 52 members in person, and 23 proxies.

The first vote:
Is the original vote (QMA or USAC) valid?

48 Yes
27 No

Thus, resulting that our club will be QMA sanctioned.

The second vote:
Move for CIQMA to dual charter with QMA and USAC?

51 No
24 Yes

Obviously there were proxies for both sides.  However, even if all proxies would have been for 100% QMA it still would not have passed (28 No 24 Yes). 

The club also appointed a chair person to research, gather a commitee, and prepare a proposal for the 2010 Eastern Grands.

It is unfortunate that this is taking place for the sport of Quarter Midgets.  The members listened to the issues, voted, and now the Mini Indy family will move on.

We wish those clubs that have choosen to go QMA or USAC the best in 2009.

Thanks for caring!

Jason and Heather Thomas
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 03:07:39 PM »

I believe it. Dangle Grands races infront of someone and they're bound to forget about their dignity and word. Oh well, both clubs with thrive.
htjtct
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 03:23:07 PM »

Grands or USAC nationals were not mentioned at this meeting AT ALL until after the votes and debates had taken place.  USAC mentioned their national race taking place at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in 2009.
htjtct
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 03:26:51 PM »

Sorry, USAC mentioned their "talk" of USAC nationals at IMS.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 04:18:58 PM »

Fair enough, gotta take your word for it, I wasn't there. My question is, how are the members going to feel if you don't get the grands and Buckeye goes USAC? Will you still feel your 3 track region was worth it?
htjtct
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 05:01:55 PM »

Mini Indy will be fine.

Birdcage
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 07:31:50 PM »

First thing, it was not just the proxy votes. There were deals that were made between people to vote a certain way. If you didn't see that then you must be blind. Second thing, are all the people who voted QMA not going to be joining Kokomo's USAC club? I would hope thats the case seeing the way they made voting dual charter such a big deal. But I have a hard time believeing that all of those people will not show up at a Kokomo, Gasloine Alley, or any other special event that USAC decides to throw(ex. the night before the 500 midgets at ORP). There were also many people that were at the meeting that may only race one club race a year if that, who did a lot of the talking, which makes no sense. There was even an ex promoter from Putnamville who was there wanting to badmouth USAC.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 07:53:24 PM »

Haha, I think I know what ex promoter you're talking about. Did he have a hard time paying his bills?
Swartz
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 01:18:56 PM »

[ All clubs wishing to bid for a Grand National must submit copies of their proposals
to the QMA National office and the QMA National Secretary, postmarked on or
before Oct 15. ]

A rule is a rule, right?
rjmoul
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 01:31:40 PM »

no bidders on the 2010 Eastern Grands yet.

http://www.quartermidgets.org/Article_View_Page.asp?ID=1073
brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 01:34:56 PM »

[ All clubs wishing to bid for a Grand National must submit copies of their proposals
to the QMA National office and the QMA National Secretary, postmarked on or
before Oct 15. ]

A rule is a rule, right?

So, since no track bid on the Grands what would you do?  Not have an Eastern Grands?  Don't think that is an option....
Swartz
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »

So a rule is a rule when it will limit the involvment of or punish members and the rules will be ignored when it will finacialy harm QMA or the board. You are ok with that?
rjmoul
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 01:56:31 PM »

Huh?? Smiley

No I think it is just providing an option for clubs to re-evaluate or in this case now feel ready to explore putting on a grands.

Doesn't seem shady or out of line to me. 
Swartz
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 02:18:42 PM »

I should explain better.
All of the R4 RCPs were thrown out last year because they wern't sent "certified" mail. A rule is a rule. (They were heard from the floor and that's a problem too.) This year a couple of resumes were thrown out because even though the national office got properly postmarked copies the ones the Nat'l Sec. got were postmarked a day late. A rule is a rule, she said. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a bunch more examples but the point is, where is the limit? Who decides what rules are real or when they need enforced? If it is up to the board when and what rules they will follow then what say do we have at all?
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: