USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:36:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Honda Press Release  (Read 6708 times)
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« on: October 14, 2010, 08:32:12 AM »

We are very lucky that USAC took the stance against allowing the Thailand Honda engines in competition. There are many more issues with these engines that they wont admit to yet....time will tell. How about crank weight issues? carb size? valves? gx160? Honda should give all the people that bought these engines the heads at NO cost. They really should just give them their money back.

Honda Press Release Shocked
As most of you are aware QMA has had some issues regarding the New Honda 120 engines that are being produced in Thailand. After numerous meetings and conference calls Honda Power Equipment division in conjunction with Honda Performance Development have agreed to assist the QMA National Board with a solution for the difficulties with the new engine.
The main issues the require resolution are; hand grinding marks on the Thailand heads-which make it difficult to Tech, lack of power as compared to the Japan produced engines, and lastly a carb insulator inconsistency problem.
Based on a recent survey of the Honda 120 engines it appears that this affects less than 300 Thailand produced GX120 engines currently in use in QMA.
Honda Performance has agreed to order, warehouse, and make available for purchase a new head produced from Japan to alleviate these problems. The new head is a number 13 and will be available for purchase directly from Honda Performance Development. In addition to a new Japan head you may continue to use the older Japan head on all GX120 engines, regardless of age or country of origin. These heads will be required on the Thailand engines only and are optional on the older Japan 120 engines. This affects Thailand engines that are currently in use and new Thailand engines purchased for QMA racing. Pricing for the new #13 head is not finalized yet but we are anticipating it to be less than the current trade price.
The proposed implementation date will be April 1, 2011. Hondas anticipated delivery date for these heads is January 1, 2011. Further information on how and where to purchase these parts will be available on the www.quartermidgtes.org site soon.
National Board of Directors
Quarter Midgets of America

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 09:40:10 AM »

I really hope some of the clubs that are on the fence with changing to USAC wake up now and see whats going on. Funny that QMA has kept this press release off their website but sent it to the Regional Directors, HMMM.
 Honda has been a great staple in quarter midget racing but all things must change. The way I look at it is....

Quarter Midgets of America (key word AMERICA!)
 Basing their 2 largest member expense items on a Japanese owned engine company, that manufactures in Thailand.
                         AND!!!
 To introduce a spec. tire made in Italy. Especially after quite a few QMA clubs have ran and are happy with their spec American made tire.

WTH??

Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 10:39:21 AM »

Why does every decision they make cost members money?
Walker23
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 01:34:42 PM »

And these are adults that make those decisions. If I owned a business and kept costing my customers more money for my mistakes, I would not have customers anymore!

Kris Walker
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: